Baby Names

Reeve or Reeves??

Re: Reeve or Reeves??

• I don't like it at all
  • I don't like either. Sorry.
    DD#1 4/3/2008 TTC in 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Of the two I would definitely use Reeve.  Think about what Reeves would sound like in the singular possessive form.  There would forever be the debate about Reeves' v. Reeves's too.   

• imageErica_H:

Of the two I would definitely use Reeve.  Think about what Reeves would sound like in the singular possessive form.  There would forever be the debate about Reeves' v. Reeves's too.   

Good point on the future singular/possessive issues :) I'm not even pg yet...just a name I came across and thought it was different but not weird.

• Because I can't think of any real nns for Reeve, I think I would use it as a mn.
  • I don't like it either, sorry. I know someone with the last name Reeves too, so they both just sound too much like last names to me.
  • Reeve. I like it. It's different.
  • Of the two, I'd choose Reeve, although it's nms. 

Reeves to me sounds like a butler's name!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I guess I'd go with Reeves over Reeve, but they're both made up to me.
  • not a fan of either....sorry
  • IMO Reeve is definitely better than Reeves (that makes me think of the stereotypical "Jeeves the Butler"), but I think it makes a better mn than fn.

• Neither, but if i had to choose Reeve, def def def def not Reeves
  • Reeves is my son's middle name and is a family name so I love it. I don't think we would have used it for a first name but I love it with his first name.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagenewportbride715:

Of the two, I'd choose Reeve, although it's nms. 

Reeves to me sounds like a butler's name!

agree - I thought butler immediately

TTC #1 for over 5 years - too many to count IF treatments (tried everything and anything), repeat miscarriages. Finally, Sticky Success!! B/G Twins arrived 2011. VOTE on my Name List Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"