Houston Babies

What should I do with DS tomorrow?

Hi girls!  I'm now officially a Houston mommy!  We finally arrived yesterday from San Diego (1500 miles in the car in 50 hours!) and Houston looks like it's going to be a great place to live. 

Any ideas on what I should do with Zachary tomorrow?  He's completely over being in his car seat, but DH has to take a test tomorrow at home, so I need to get out of his way for a few hours.  I've never even visited Houston before, so I have no idea what to do.  We're in the Greenway Plaza area - are there any parks around here I could take him to? 

Re: What should I do with DS tomorrow?

• there is a huge playscape at memorial park that is really nice. from greenway, it's easy to go down to west u. lots of parks there but many are for residents only. if the weather is bad, go to the galleria. the nordstrom wing is super kid friendly. the zoo is worth seeing and i bet he would love to ride on the mini train.

officially welcome to houston. it's no san diego but i hope you like it here. also, see post below. if you want to meet some other moms/nesties, we have a lunch get together on sunday at a great, kid friendly spot. will be lots of fun!

• I am fairly near Greenway Plaza in Bellaire (maybe5-10 minutes, I used to work in GWP before becoming a SAHM). I'd totally hang out with you tomorrow, but we are going to a wedding and then I'm headed to a bridal shower after that. Definitely join in on some GTGs. There are lots of great mommies around here!

I don't envy your cross-country move. We are moving to New Jersey in August and I'm already freaking about it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Hey, I just noticed our kiddos are only 3 days apart! And Zachary was in our top 2 boy names :)

Another mom on here (bpaullo) and I GTG a lot, often in your area. Her DS was born on 2/5. You should join us sometime! :)

• Lol, I noticed that they were practically the same age right away, TexasSmith!  I would love to meet up for a playdate sometime.  I don't know a single person in Houston!  Keep me updated - my email is aimeelv81 at gmail dot com :)

• Thanks for the tip on the mall, rayskit!  I don't know if I'll be able to make it to the GTG on Sunday because we're still unpacking, but I'd love to join you all for the next one!  I'm so excited that this board is so active - I'll definitely be around.  The San Diego board was always so dead.
  • You could take in a sample of one of Houston's biggest draws...the rodeo! There's a parade tomorrow at 10am downtown....and then there's a kid's section of the rodeo at Reliant park that goes on all day.

There's also the Bellaire Nature Center which is really close to you. It's got a playground as well.

Something really close to you is Chick Fil A on 59 & Kirby...and it has a good little indoor playground.

An awesome park, which would only be about 10 min. away from you, is Hermann Park. The zoo is within walking distance, as is the Butterfly Exhibit at the Museum of Natural Science. Hermann Park has several awesome playscapes and a little train you can ride all through the park.

Oh, and I can't forget the Children's Museum which is in the same area as Hermann Park. It is also REALLY fun for kids of ALL ages (even newborns)...definitely check it out. It IS open right now, even though they are finishing a huge remodel/extension which will actually be complete next week.

Hope all of the above helps....enjoy Houston...there's LOTS to offer here! But don't be fooled, this beautiful weather we're having isn't going to last long....it's about to start getting blistering hot! hee hee

Hope to meet you on day! (Oh, and my sister spells her name just like you!)

PS We have another San Diego mom transplant on the nest...plaidfrogg is her name! :)

• Hi and welcome.  I moved here from Central California about 7 years ago...  You should totally come by the GTG on Sunday.  You've got to eat :)  It usually only last an hour or two... and Luca LOVES to play.....

The rodeo parade is today...  also there are lots of great walking trails..  If your boy is like mine he doesn't want to sit still for 5 minutes.  I've found any place he can run free is best.  He loves to play at Memorial City Mall (though there are lots of big kids)...  and we go to Memorial Park too...

• there is Pumpkin park on westheimer and edloe, also you need to check out the motherhood center, they have many resources
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"