Washington Babies
Options

Site for Soon-to-be Mommies

For the newly pregnant, or anyone really,

I don't know if any of you/or how many of you know about this blog, but it is fantastic. At this point in time, I HATE What to Expect When You Are Expecting and I want to throw it across the room, step on it, and then burn it. This blog is wonderful, and works for real life experiences. (without all the useless crap inbetween). It also tells you stuff that most books don't. (Also check out Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy, she tells you things no one else will)

https://www.alphamom.com/pregnancy-calendar/

It is on a site called Alpha Mom, which is really great on its own and this particular blog breaks down pregnancy week-by-week. I was introduced to it by my SIL and I love it. I read it every week, and sometimes, I going ahead.

The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

Re: Site for Soon-to-be Mommies

• Options
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I actually like WTEWYE. ?I'm always surprised when someone says they don't like it. ?I'll check out that blog, though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMissBlush:
    I actually like WTEWYE.  I'm always surprised when someone says they don't like it.  I'll check out that blog, though.

I actually get so frustrated by that book because I can never find the answers to things that I am experiencing. I look up stuff that I want to know in the index, and it has nothing to do with what I was looking for. Drives me nuts. But I do know that a lot of people love it.

• Options
    wow that is an awesome site!  i really can't stand my "what to expect when you're expecting" book right now - it just doesn't hold my interest.  i find the bump (and this new site) more interesting and more "real world" - thanks again for sharing!
  • Options
    Aww I love that!  Too bad I'm not pregnant anymore (did I just say that???)!  I especially like weeks one at two, I was wondering what she was possibly going to have there but it was about perfect =)
  • Options
    how funny -- my OB told me NOT to get WTEWYAE!  I already have it but quit reading it with my last pregnancy.  There are so many other good books out there.  Looking forward to reading the blog, thanks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageMissBlush:
    I actually like WTEWYE.  I'm always surprised when someone says they don't like it.  I'll check out that blog, though.

WTEWYE is actually the only one of the 4 pregnancy books that I liked enough to read all the way through.    Its strange how people either love or hate that book! 

Just like how lots of people love Girlfriends guide and I *hated* it.

• Options
    KNemoKNemo member
    imageFutureMrsLynch:

imageMissBlush:
    I actually like WTEWYE. ?I'm always surprised when someone says they don't like it. ?I'll check out that blog, though.

WTEWYE is actually the only one of the 4 pregnancy books that I liked enough to read all the way through.??? Its strange how people either love or hate that book!?

Just like how lots of people love Girlfriends guide and I *hated* it.

I hated Girlfriends Guide too. I think I only read the first chapter and then put it away. The only one I am able to read right now is Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Newborn by Penny Simpkin.?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"