Baby Names
Options

Hit me with your best girl names

Baby #2 is on the way and we have a boy name but nothing for a girl

DD's name was decided on when I was 5 years old Big Smile so we never even considered anything else.

It's pronounced same as Maya/Maia but we used my home country's spelling so it's not because I just wanted to make it weird :)

So... give me ideas, please! What goes well with Maja?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Hit me with your best girl names

• Options

I love Maja!  That's the way my DH wanted to spell it when we were considering it.  He's from Sweden.  I have some in my poll that I think go well w/ Maja.

I also like Annalina, Annika, Malena, Annaleise

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My faves are Addison, Gracyn, Camryn, and Kenna. Not sure if any of those are your style though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sonia/Sonja is on my favorites list. I think it goes great with Maja.
  • Options
    Our top girl names are: Amelie, Harper, Ivy, Amara, and Isla.
  • Options
    I think you should look at names from your home country - obviously you found the beautiful Maja so I'm sure you have other choices.  What is the country?  Maybe we can find something that fits with your heritage!
  • Options
    what nationality are you? It would be nice to have a name taken from your heritage, just like Maja (BTW, is it pronounce like May-uh? That's how i pronounce it, it's very beautiful!)
  • Options

Thanks girls, those are all great suggestions.

I"m Polish :)

Most of our names though are kinda crazy sounding, lol, but I'll look into that... maybe I'll find something that fits with a "Maja"

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Maja and

Adela

Adriana

Alina

Aurelia

Edyta

Halina

Ilona

Kasia

Lidia

Malina

Silvia

Sonia

Zyta

• Options

I like the Sonia/Sonja/Sonya suggestion.  I think it's a beautiful name.

Also, I'll suggest Lydia, Anna, Natasha -all of which have Polish forms, I'm sure.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

A friend of mine in HS was Polish - her name was Ania and her sister's name was Basia. 

I'm part Polish, actually, but my parents chose to go with my Irish side for my name.  Yeah, I'm a TOTAL mutt ;P

• Options
    Ana, Annika, Lydia, Sascha, Elsa... I love Maja, btw!
  • Options
    I'm not polish, but my first name is...and people always compliment it -- Yanina.
  • Options
    I think Ania would be cute to go along with Maja.
  • Options
    A girl I went to school with was Polish and she named her first baby girl "Zophia" like Sophia, but what I'm assuming was the more traditional spelling for her heritage.  I thought it was a nice twist to a beautiful name.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"