Infertility
Options

low carb PCOS girls...question?

Do you eat rice? I've been trying this low carb thing for a week...I've been doing well, but now that's it's Saturday, I want to give myself a treat...I'm dying for sushi. Do you eat rice? Is it ok to "cheat" one day a week. I will be good if I have to because this is important to me. I was just wondering if one off day would have a bad effect on my body.

TIA!

Re: low carb PCOS girls...question?

• Options
    I've done low carb diets before, and 1 cheat day shouldn't be too bad; however, it does start to begin a pattern. Rice is one of the worst things to eat because of the amount of carbs.
  • Options
    What are you eating? ?I'm having such a hard time with this. ?I feel like my cholesterol is going to go through the roof!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been eating a lot of lean meat...chicken, low salt ham, etc. and seafood...shrimp and tuna. I've also been allowing myself to eat fruits and vegetables. I know fruit has carbs, but my dr. said they are "healthy" carbs. I eat a lot of cheese and for a sweet snack, I eat sugar free jello. I know I'm not doing this perfectly yet, but I'm trying.
  • Options
    Can you try brown rice or Kashi rice instead?  It the white rice/white bread/refined sugars that kill the low-carb diet.  My rule of thumb is the darker, the better.
    PCOS, lupus anticoagulant, MTHFR (A1298C, one copy) 2 IUIs & 1 IVF = BFN FET#1 = It's a girl! Born 7.1.10 FET#2 = c/p FET#3 = Twin girls! Born on 3.16.12 at 33w2d due to severe pre-E. After 4 weeks in the NICU they are home! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

imagegringa78:
    Can you try brown rice or Kashi rice instead?  It the white rice/white bread/refined sugars that kill the low-carb diet.  My rule of thumb is the darker, the better.

Ditto brown rice. I love whole wheat cous cous as well.

• Options

My doctor encourages 1 "cheat meal" a week.  It helps you stay true to the low-carb/no-carb lifestyle having something to look foward to. Plus, having that one meal will have less of an impact on your insulin level if you tend to "fall off the wagon" & have more 'little' cheats throughout the week.  Oh, and for the cheat meal you can have anything & everything you want...just limit it to ONE meal & eat your heart out! LOL 

As far as sushi...we have a grocery store here that actually sells sushi with brown rice...not the same but a nice fix :) 

HTH!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"