Trying to Get Pregnant

Smoking

Any DH's smoke?  If so, when will they quit, or will they?
                  Well, we're on our way to 3 kids, 3 and under.
                    Set to welcome the craziness in April 2014!

imageimage

Re: Smoking

• We both were smokers in college. I quit during my Jr. year. DH smoked A LOT for about 3 years after college and then quit cold turkey. He still smokes on occaision.. probably about 2 packs a year.

Bro, but look how many ants are on this trash can...
    Zach Rance 4 President

• DH and i both use to. We both quit cold turkey on Jan 1 2008 :)
    10-8-12: Grant is born!! Now a family of 5! 2-3-12: Totally unexpected BFP!! 12-10-10: Vera and Nora are born! *Beta#1(13dpFET):262*~ *Beta#2(20dpFET)4,835 TWINS!!!!!*~*Beta#3(@6wks)11,032 TRIPLETS!!!!! Baby A h/b: 109. Baby B h/b 112. Baby C h/b *praying* 4-6-10: FET (2 ET)....BFP 1-15-10: IVF (2 ET)..... BFN (1-28) 1-12-10: ER! 21 eggs! 10 to keep, 11 to donate :) 8-11-09: IUI #4 (FSH hCG) BFP .... 9-08: C/P 6-19-09: IUI #3 (FSH hCG) BFN 5-28-09: IUI #2 redo (FSH hCG) BFN 5-08-09: HSG: All clear! 4-21-09: IUI #2 canceled (clomid reaction) 4-1-09: IUI #1 (natural) BFN 9/08: S/A less than 5mil (10% mobile) -varicoseal surgery to fix...results worth it! 5/06: Endometriosis surgery 9/07: off of BCP A rejection is Gods protection. A dissapointment is His reappointment
  • Loading the player...
  • my dh was a smoker, but not really heavy .. he quit for good though a few months ago.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DH smokes when drinking and says once pregnant he will quit.  ::crosses fingers::

imageimage
  • imageRogue Lily:

We both were smokers in college. I quit during my Jr. year. DH smoked A LOT for about 3 years after college and then quit cold turkey. He still smokes on occaision.. probably about 2 packs a year.

That's pretty dam good.

imageimage
  • imageAutumnBride102007:
    DH and i both use to. We both quit cold turkey on Jan 1 2008 :)

A new year's resolution?

imageimage
  • We were both smokers until Jan1 of this year. We both quit and dh dips now...which is cool with me cause it doesn't stink.
  • imagemommy2patrick:
    We were both smokers until Jan1 of this year. We both quit and dh dips now...which is cool with me cause it doesn't stink.

I dont want to be that guy.. but dipping seriously makes people's faces fall off.

Bro, but look how many ants are on this trash can...
    Zach Rance 4 President

• imageRogue Lily:

imagemommy2patrick:
    We were both smokers until Jan1 of this year. We both quit and dh dips now...which is cool with me cause it doesn't stink.

I dont want to be that guy.. but dipping seriously makes people's faces fall off.

yeah, but I can't tell dh that cause he is set in his ways...he actually surprised the heck out of me when he decided to stop smoking and cut down on his drinking

• yup! new years res/ ttc commitment :)
    10-8-12: Grant is born!! Now a family of 5! 2-3-12: Totally unexpected BFP!! 12-10-10: Vera and Nora are born! *Beta#1(13dpFET):262*~ *Beta#2(20dpFET)4,835 TWINS!!!!!*~*Beta#3(@6wks)11,032 TRIPLETS!!!!! Baby A h/b: 109. Baby B h/b 112. Baby C h/b *praying* 4-6-10: FET (2 ET)....BFP 1-15-10: IVF (2 ET)..... BFN (1-28) 1-12-10: ER! 21 eggs! 10 to keep, 11 to donate :) 8-11-09: IUI #4 (FSH hCG) BFP .... 9-08: C/P 6-19-09: IUI #3 (FSH hCG) BFN 5-28-09: IUI #2 redo (FSH hCG) BFN 5-08-09: HSG: All clear! 4-21-09: IUI #2 canceled (clomid reaction) 4-1-09: IUI #1 (natural) BFN 9/08: S/A less than 5mil (10% mobile) -varicoseal surgery to fix...results worth it! 5/06: Endometriosis surgery 9/07: off of BCP A rejection is Gods protection. A dissapointment is His reappointment
  • imagemommy2patrick:

whats dipping?

• imagesweet_sin78:

imagemommy2patrick:

whats dipping?

copenhagen...snuff...chewing etc

• DH used to smoke cigars back in his single days, but he hasn't in about a year.
  • Nope. DH never did, and I quit, Christmas of 07.

P.S. Dip is icky, and just as bad for you as smoking. 

• hell no!  he'd still be single if he did. I never dated smokers-deal breaker. I held my dad's hand as he died from lung cancer. I was also forced to live w/ 2nd hand my whole life even though I'm very allergic.
  • DH quit last October.  He was just ready to and has no desire to smoke at all now.

As for dipping it's so bad for you....hello lip, tongue, throat, stomach, etc cancers.

?Transatlantic Blonde?
    it's called a kilt, he's scottish
  • imagemommy2patrick:

I guess you are cool with him getting cancer as long as it doesn't affect you?!  Very confused by this statement, you do know dipping is just as bad for you as smoking is right??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • dh is taking chantix right now, started about a month ago. he still has cravings but doesn't give in to them. he was bumming one smoke a day off a girl he works with until a week ago, he says he hasn't had any since then, (I do his wash and he's not smart enough to not put the butts in his pockets, so I believe him). I'm trying to quit too, I was a social smoker mostly, I'd buy my own packs occassionally. I'm I'm doing my best to make this my last pack. it would be easier if I would freaking ovulate though. I made a promise to myself that I would quit smoking after I confirmed my first ovulation of 2009. well since cycle #9 is on cd 60-something now, I keep giving in. I will stick to that promise to myself though.
  • imageMissy0708:

imagemommy2patrick:

I guess you are cool with him getting cancer as long as it doesn't affect you?!  Very confused by this statement, you do know dipping is just as bad for you as smoking is right??

Yes I am aware of this. I am not however a wife that will try to force my husband to change the way he is. It is his life and he will live it the way he chooses. I have stood by my husband in so many things that would make most other marriages break, therefore I look at dipping as a HUGE improvement from where his life was when I first met him.

• imageMissy0708:

imagemommy2patrick:

I don't get her statement either. Dipping is just as disgusting, if not more, to me. Instead of the cigarette smoke, you just have containers of black spit all over the place. ICK! Not to mention the cancers involved. And that affects not only him, but her and their kids!

• imageillinimama:
    imageMissy0708:

imagemommy2patrick:

I don't get her statement either. Dipping is just as disgusting, if not more, to me. Instead of the cigarette smoke, you just have containers of black spit all over the place. ICK! Not to mention the cancers involved. And that affects not only him, but her and their kids!

I answered this in the post above yours. And no there aren't cups of black spit all over the place. He uses one cup and it gets replaced every day.

• DH was a very heavy smoker when we met on St. Patricks day two years ago. I told him no sex until he quit. I couldn't stand the smell. He quit cold turkey April 1!
  • Unless any of you have ever been addicted to something and know how hard it is to quit, I suggest you lay off of mommy2patrick.  People do the best they can at certain points in time.
    PCOS, lupus anticoagulant, MTHFR (A1298C, one copy) 2 IUIs & 1 IVF = BFN FET#1 = It's a girl! Born 7.1.10 FET#2 = c/p FET#3 = Twin girls! Born on 3.16.12 at 33w2d due to severe pre-E. After 4 weeks in the NICU they are home! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"