Parenting after a Loss
Options

How much did/does your baby eat at 12lbs?

I'm getting worried because we have to fight to get her to eat 3oz every 3 hours.  We spend a full hour feeding her and still only get her to take 3.  Sometimes she will not take more then 2oz.  In the last 2 weeks she's gained maybe 4oz.  I plan on calling her pedi on Monday, but I was curious how many oz other babies are eating.  She used to take 4oz every 3 hours but stopped that a couple of weeks ago.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: How much did/does your baby eat at 12lbs?

• Options

Austin is 15oz and he is eating about 1 oz per hr. (3 oz in 3 hrs). He just recently moved up to eating two extra oz in two bottles during the day.

• Options

Ella eats between 4-6 oz. every 3 or 4 hours, sometimes a full 8 oz.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

You know, Leo just did a weird thing where he went from eating approx 30 oz/day to only eating about 16-20oz. Then yesterday he was ravenous again. I think they just ebb and flow with the hunger.

I've heard they should eat about 2-2.5 times their weight- so if he's 12lbs, that's 24 oz at the lowest. That said, Leo is almost 14lbs and he still is only eating 20-26 oz a day.

• Options
    ammcammc member
    our pedi said that the minimum for a 4 month old should be 20 oz per day.  Devan already exceeds that with 4 bottles that vary from 6, 7, 8 oz.  we also started cereal at 4 mos. which pedi said could decrease her formula intake.  Each day is different.  She weighted 13.8 lbs on Friday.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"