Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

**LyndsayQ

Hi there!  I saw a while back to found a Canon at Best Buy that you were considering.  I am looking for a new "real" camera too.  Did you purchase or make a decision regarding a camera?  Thanks for any advice you have!

Re: **LyndsayQ

• Options

I have not decided.  In fact, I am online looking right now.  I'm trying to decide if I should go w/ an SLR ($600+) or w/ a Canon SX10 IS which is 1/2 the price and has almost all the features of an SLR (except interchangeable lens).  Here is a link to it on Best Buy:  https://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9051045&type=product&id=1218012527719  Its on sale for $359.99, but I found it on dell.com for $329.99 w/ free shipping.  I prefer buying it from a store in case I don't like it or it malfunctions.  I plan to ask Best Buy if they price match. 

The other cameras I am considering is the Canon SLR Rebel XS and XSi.  The XSi is the best out of the XS and XT, but the most expensive ($700).  I'm just not sure if its worth spending the extra $300.  Nikons are also nice, but I've heard Canon is the best in SLR's.  But it can be a matter of opinion.  To avoid further confusion, I am sticking w/ Canon; throwing Nikon into the mix will only delay/complicate my decision.  :)

I think if Best Buy price matches w/ Dell I will def go w/ the SX10 IS.  It has a great zoom!  One of the guys showed it to me in the store and it does look nice.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"