Success after IF
Options

so, if i get sick..can i get them sick again?

i have been lucky enough to avoid the illness that all three fellas in the house have gotten..but i don't see myself getting through scot free..i mean i have been getting snot filled open mouth kisses from ronnie for days now, and joey loves putting his hands in my mouth as he falls asleep for his nap, haha..yeah, we're sanitary around here.

so if i get sick, and they are better, can i reinfect them? i sure as heck hope not?

Ron and Nora married 6.3.06 21 cycles, 1 m/c, 4 rounds clomid, 1 round gonal f and 3 IUI anovulatory cycles, LPD
Joey, Ronnie, and Audrey,
my awesome IUI 30 week twins, and my surprise miracle Image and video hosting by TinyPic
LOVE my SAIF ladies :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie 2nd Birthday TickerLilypie Second Birthday tickers My Blog!

Re: so, if i get sick..can i get them sick again?

• Options
    Yes you can...sorry, I know it is not what you wanted to hear
  • Options
    thats what i thought :( i will just have to force ron to take off of work if i get sick, haha...yeah right
    Ron and Nora married 6.3.06 21 cycles, 1 m/c, 4 rounds clomid, 1 round gonal f and 3 IUI anovulatory cycles, LPD
    Joey, Ronnie, and Audrey,
    my awesome IUI 30 week twins, and my surprise miracle Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LOVE my SAIF ladies :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie 2nd Birthday TickerLilypie Second Birthday tickers My Blog!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not if you contract the same virus, from what I understand of virology.  Once you've had one strain of the common cold virus, you're immune to that strain.  The problem is that there are hundreds of strains of the common cold virus and it mutates fairly quickly.
    "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    yes you can.  It's going to take a lot of sanitizing to keep it from spreading and that may not work.  Goodluck and I hope everyone feels better soon.
    twin girls after 43 months of TTC.. Katherine Emily (5 lbs 12 oz 19 1/4 in) and Karly Elizabeth (5lbs 7 oz 19 in) imageLilypie!!My bio!! !!My Blog!! imageimage

• Options
    Wow, I always thought that once you had a certain cold or flu, you have the antibodies to fight that particular strain off.  I would have said no you can't re-infect them without a second guess if I hadn't read other people's responses.  I am going to the doctor tomorrow, I am going to ask her :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"