Success after IF

terbutaline and sex?

neither my peri or my OB said anything about not having sex and I didnt ask either (though you would think the mountain of a belly would be enough to stop me) but I was curious if your dr told you not to?  I'm not so worried about the sex so much as an O, but they never caused a problem in the past.  Any input?
TTC#1 since Feb 07 with PCOS and mild MFI
i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart) Our first love and loss 7/2/07

3 cycles clomid TI = BFNs
3 cycles clomid Ovidrel IUI = BFNs
6/27/08 Surprise BFP = chemical pg
IVF#1 July 08 BFP @7dp3dt
TTC #3 since February 2010
FET Sept. and Oct. 2010=BFN's
IVF#2 June 2011=BFP

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: terbutaline and sex?

• if you are on terb - i'm assuming for PTL? if so - then no sex .... when i went into PTL at 32w i was put on pelvis rest = no sex, no O.
  • Well, our MFM had okayed sex, so we tried it about a week ago. . .and it ended up in Labor and Delivery with contractions that wouldn't go away.  I'm assuming you're on terbutaline for early contractions (I'm on procardia) and it set us off with weak 3-4 minute apart contractions that made us need another shot of terbutaline! 

MFM suggested that we be done now :-)

Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I would not. ?I was on terb for ptl and a shortening cervix and sex was a big no-no
  • My OB and MFM never really mentioned sex at all, but I assumed since they put me on bedrest that sex was out.  I'm thinking if they take me off bedrest toward the end I might ask if it is ok....if I even want to have sex anymore at that point.  But for now it's definitely off limits for us.  I'm on procardia.
  • I was on terbutaline then procardia for preterm labor and both times no O and no sex. Heck I was happy to just take a shower let alone sex. Glad you feel up to it. But I would say no sexy time till you talk to your doc.
  • PTL = no sex for us!
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • I was put on pelvic rest after early contractions.
  • that's what i figured which was why i didnt ask - but dh wanted me to post about it  - guess he was looking for some :)  Oh well it looks like he's on his own for a bit :)
    TTC#1 since Feb 07 with PCOS and mild MFI
    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart) Our first love and loss 7/2/07

3 cycles clomid TI = BFNs
    3 cycles clomid Ovidrel IUI = BFNs
    6/27/08 Surprise BFP = chemical pg
    IVF#1 July 08 BFP @7dp3dt
    TTC #3 since February 2010
    FET Sept. and Oct. 2010=BFN's
    IVF#2 June 2011=BFP

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"