Parenting after a Loss

My Intro

Hi ladies - I used to post on PL after my two miscarriages (Sept 07 and Feb 08). ?My DD Samantha is two months old today! ?I have been lurking lately, now that DD is sleeping a little better, and decided I should post more regularly.

DD has a really rare genetic condition called galactosemia. ?Luckily she has a milder version. ?The enzymes that break down lactose only function at less than 25% for her. ?She can not have any dairy or lactose in her diet until she is over a year old and we do more extensive testing. ?At that point she may be able to have some lactose/dairy depending on how she is functioning. ?She is not lactose intolerant, she does not have a dairy allergy - its all metabolic/genetic and she can't grow out of it or take pills to allow her to digest dairy.?

I'll be around in the evenings since I start work on Monday and can't post at work. ?I am NOT looking forward to leaving DD in daycare, although I know in my heart I would not be the greatest stay at home mom. ?I feel guilty that I love my job and that I don't think I could stay at home.?

Re: My Intro

• welcome back, and good luck with work on Mon.
  • Welcome and thanks for de-lurking! Your little girl is beautiful, and I hope for the best for her once you complete more testing. Congrats on your DD!
    Aidan Jake 7/25/08 Cooper Cole 7/27/10 Tessa Morgan 8/9/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome back!  Samantha is beautiful and I hope things go well for you going back to work.  Looking forward to hearing more from you soon!
  • Good luck going back to work. I can't wait to hear more from you!
  • Welcome to the boards!  It's OK to be happy about going back to work.  While I was very worried about going back, it's really a good mix for me.  I also don't think I'd be very good at being home all the time.
  • Welcome, I am so glad you stopped lurking and started posting.  Kate had to be re-tested for galactosemia because her newborn screening came back positive so I read all about it during the waiting period.  Her results came back "normal" the second time around though.  I am so sorry you are dealing with that it. 

She is gorgeous by the way!

Kerri

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"