1st Trimester

White trash wedding!

I went to the most white trash wedding EVER today! The bridesmaids wore slacks and silver shirts and NONE of their shirts matched except two of the five girls. The groom wore a black AC/DC shirt under his white button up. The brides dress was white on the top and off white on the bottom. It had fake flowers all over it and lots of tacky beading. During the reception, they opened gifts in front of the guests! Me and H were so over dressed. I was wearing a dress and H had on some slacks and a buttom up shirt. He went and changed into jeans for the reception. The best man wore an Orange Texas Longhorns for the last half of the ceremony and the whole reception. When we ended up leaving, the bride told me that if I needed any help with my wedding, to just ask. I politely declined. I will be downloading pictures tomorrow and must show off this wedding dress. It was my favorite part. But we did have a pretty good time so I guess that is all that matters.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12

Re: White trash wedding!

• Can't wait to see the pics! I went to a wedding last summer that I ended up more overdressed than the bride! it was funny lol!
  • That sounds just like the one I went to last year!!!

Held outside, music was played on a laptop with only one working speaker.  Bridal party and groomsmen were all in street clothes, she was in a big huge uglyass gown, he was in a tux jacket and khakis.

Their potluck reception food had been outside and left on for 12 hours (I know this because I had to help set up the crockpots) and the cans of soda had been dropped so they sprayed everywhere.

The guests were required to move the picnic tables from the eating area so that it could "transform" into a dancing area.  There was no cake (or anything close to it, for that matter).  The bride whined about why all her guests were leaving after the toasts.  I laughed my happy arse off the entire time.

I totally wish I had taken photos :(

• Loading the player...
  • Oh I cant wait to see pictures
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So darn funny!

I once attended a wedding in a field where the couple was married on horseback - one of the groomsmen was late because his derby car race ran too long and as he came galloping in on his horse, the bride's horse freaked and almost bucked her off.  It was downright awful - but hilarious.  Favors were snack packs of potato chips or if you were really lucky, Fritos!!

• You know... everyone has their own idea of the perfect day... I'm SO glad mine did not involve AC/DC T-shirts and a mismatched wedding dress... or crock pot meals... or bags of Fritos...

I felt bad that my guests were kept from the dining room for so long!  (The coordinator had the idea that they should wait until pictures were done... I corrected that when I found out about it.. since pictures were outside... NOT in the dining room!)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesam19:
    The best man wore an Orange Texas Longhorns for the last half of the ceremony and the whole reception.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding this-- did he change in the middle of the ceremony?  And did the bride really like, um, *plan* this wedding??  Bc it's partially sad the "the most important day of her life" involved AD/DC and a mismatched dress, unless that's truly how she wanted it and had planned for it... in which case, that's still sad.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"