Parenting
Options

Days like today make me want to quit bfing

I made the mistake of having dairy yesterday at dinner, and am paying for it now.  DD has been fussy ALL DAMN DAY LONG.  She won't nap, and now it's bedtime, and there's no way she's going to sleep anytime soon.  I had to hand her off to DH because I just couldn't listen to the screaming anymore.

I feel awful for her, but I've been dairy free for like three weeks now and didn't think it was making much of a difference.  I think she has a caffeine sensitivity too, so I've been working on cutting that out totally too.

No dairy, no coffee, and minimal alcohol makes mommy a grumpy lady...

Re: Days like today make me want to quit bfing

• Options
    Ugh, that sucks.  I haven't had to deal with any of that.  I might feel like quitting too if I did!
  • Options

imageEMT:
    Ugh, that sucks.  I haven't had to deal with any of that.  I might feel like quitting too if I did!

Ditto....mommies that can sacrifice so much food-wise are so selfless IMO!!  I can't even go on a freakin' diet, so I bet I'd so be giving in to formula if BF'ing meant I had to cut out so much :( 

Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Booo. Poor Sum. Just set mini goals for yourself. Promise to BF until she's 3 months old before deciding if you want to switch to formula. At three months, you can re-assess the situation and set another mini goal if you choose, or make the switch. Good luck=)
    Evelyn-Mommy to Ben 9.20.05 and Emily 5.14.07 and Callie 7.10.09! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"