2nd Trimester

I have a crib but no dresser/changing table. Help!

Our cousin gave us our crib, excellent shape, natural in color.Now we just need a dresser/changing table to match (for the most part).The crib is 3 or 4 years old, but it looks brand new. I can't find a decent piece of furniture that isn't $400 or more. I want a dresser that will grow with the kid, but be useful now as well.Anyone have any suggestions?TIA?

Re: I have a crib but no dresser/changing table. Help!

• I responded to your post on 1st tri
  • I would check out IKEA if you have one near you, they have good prices and I've heard great things about the quality.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • *blondie*?

I feel like I have looked everywhere. We have looked online at BRU and Target. We also went to BRU and I didn't find anything there. We went to IKEA and didn't find anything the right color there.

We went to local furniture stores also, Ashley, Suburban Furniture, and Crib and Teen City.

We have found nothing but pricey furniture. I don't want to get it from wal-mart due to previous experiences with cheap furniture.

?

• I've noticed dressers are one of the more expensive pieces of furniture... sucks. Try your local 2nd hand stores. Most of our furniture is 2nd hand and in really great shape.
  • try Craigslist for your area
  • imagechipsgrrl:
    try Craigslist for your area

I have been lurking there, but haven't had a whole lot of luck. I'll keep looking. I just hope since Spring is coming up that maybe something will pop up soon.?

• OHhhh! Garage Sales!!!
  • i found mine on craigslist for $75!

i googled it & found out it's usually $400-$600 brand new! so i got a HUGE deal

• How about an unfinished furniture store.  I found a crib finished but wasn't crazy with the dresser, so I bought the crib w/out the other pieces.  I was looking for a dresser and bookcase we could keep in his room and not throw away. I was able to finish it myself to match the crib perfectly.   Unfinished furniture stores have different price points depending on what wood they use, so you might find some pieces affordable and get them to match perfectly.
  • Yes spring yard sales are starting, and we have what you call "Unfinished Furiture Mart" here also.mmYou can paint or stain it to your liking.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"