Parenting

2 under 2 - need support!

We're actually going to have 2 under 17 months...yikes!  I just got the BFP last night but it was a total surprise.  We weren't planning on having kids for another year or two and the timing on this one is pretty bad!

I think I've been in shock the past 24 hours since I've found out.  Part of me feels bad that it won't be the 3 of us anymore (which, I'm hoping is a normal reaction).  I'm scared sh*tless to have two kids under the age of two.

I guess I just need reassurance that it can be done!

Re: 2 under 2 - need support!

• Congrats!  Mine are just shy of 22 months apart.  I'm not going to lie - it can be pretty difficult!  But certainly not impossible.  From what I understand, it gets much easier when the baby is about 4 months old or so and they can interact a little more.  Luckily my oldest isn't lashing out or anything, and always wants to kiss the baby.  And I'm even noticing that if the baby is crying and I lay him next to my toddler, he stops.  It's cute things like that that make things fun, even now. 

I am looking forward to them getting a little older though!  You can do it - lots of people do! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersimageimage
  • Never fear!  It is hard, but so rewarding and fun.  I never planned to have mine 13 months apart, but after it happened, I'm so glad it did.  It takes time to get into a routine, and it's definitely difficult at times.  But each week got easier and easier...and once my youngest hit 10 months, it was much easier.  Now, it's just fun and it seems so natural that they are so close.

Congratulations!  Enjoy it!

• Loading the player...
  • mine are less than 13 mons apart. noel wasnt walking when morg was born.  i have nursed on the toliet. 

it can be done. :)

mom to Noel 3.17.07 Morgan 4.9.08 Taylor 10.27.10 Baby #4 Due in July mc 2.3.06
  • I have 3 under 2 and I have to say that I wouldn't have done it any other way. We were going to be done after the twins... and then we had our bonus baby LOL. The twins were 19 months old when Logan was born and while it can be challenging (the first week was definitely the hardest) it can most certainly be done. :)

• My girls are 15 months apart and I am so happy that this is how we did it.  Honestly the last few months of the pregnancy were harder than any of the time since she's been born.  I remind myself not to feel overwhelmed and just do one thing at a time.  Also take all of the help that you can get.  I was "super mom" with my DD and didn't think I needed anyones help, including my DH most times.  Once #2 came along I fully admitted that it takes a village to raise these girls and we need everyone we have available.  Our families love these girls and enjoy spending time with them which really helps us out.  DH also stepped up and took on more of the "baby" responsibility.

You're going to love it!

• We loved it so much we are doing it again lol.  Being pregnant with a baby/toddler is much harder than 2.  They are so close and there is no jealously.  I love it.  You can definetely do it.
  • I'm right there w/ you, mine will be 14 mos apart, plus my almost 4 yr old...I'm still panicking & I'm due in 2 mos.....I can't offer any advice, but good luck!
    ~Jen
    Married since 8.17.03
    Mom to Richard 7.24.05, Ava 3.27.08, Isabella 5.19.09 & Timothy 10.22.14

• My boys are 18 months apart, and while we definitely have our difficult days, it's getting easier and easier as the baby gets less fragile and the toddler gets more independent and verbal.  I never imagined I would be so lucky to get pregnant right away with #2 (we had a hard time with #1), so I am just beyond thrilled to have them so close together...knowing that right now is HARD, but likely they will be so close growing up together and will be interested in the same things age-wise. 
    Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • Mine are 15 months apart, and they are best friends. They are starting to get into a routine and play together, but at times I want to pull my hair out because of the total chaos they can pull off. I would do it again in a heart beat if I had a do over.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"