Success after IF
Options

High BP and delivery question

My BP is remaining high and I'm afraid the OB is going to want to deliver the babies early because of it.  Will he let me try induction or will he take them via CS?  I really want to avoid a CS if possible......

Re: High BP and delivery question

• Options
    I'm so sorry your BP is high! Do they have you on meds for that? Anyway, my BP was high and they induced me and let me go vaginally, I hope that will happen for you, too if that's what you want! sending you big hugs.
  • Options
    Hey hon.  Thanks for the answer.  I've been thinking about you! 
    He hasn't put me on meds yet.  We just noticed it was too high yesterday so he is having me come back Tuesday.  I've been monitoring it at home and it's still pretty up there.  I just REALLY don't want to have the babies yet.  I want to keep them in at least another week if not 2 but I'm not sure how long he'll let me go with high BP.  I don't know what the game plan is at this point but thanks for the reassurance that they won't insist on a CS!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How high is your BP running?
  • Options

My BP was 164/102 when I got induced. They kept a close eye on my BP, but I was allowed to deliver vaginally.

GL! I hope they can get your BP under control so you don't have to deliver so early!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imageFaithRocks:
    How high is your BP running?

Yesterday it was 158/88
    1:30 today 145/88
    3:00 today 154/72

How long will they let me go with high BP before they force labor?

• Options
    I am a dentist, not an OB, but.... we usually worry about the diastolic (bottom number) and yours is relatively low.  We don't worry acutely unless that number is closer to 100.  So maybe you can hold those babies in for a little while longer.

Me – 33 (no diagnosis), DH – 41 (MFI)

IVF #1/ICSI 2008 – 22 ER, 21 F, Day 3 transfer (8A and 8B) - BFP, 3 Frosties

Surprise BFP 2010

Surprise BFP 2011

Shipped frosties from TX to VA in 2012

FET #1 May 2013, single blast – BFN

FET #2 August 2013 2 blasts – BFN

IVF #2/ICSI/AH Jan 2014 – 8 ER, 7M, 6 F Day 3 transfer (grade 2 & 3), no frosties - BFP!

• Options

My bottom number was consistently in the 110 area, and they didn't deliver me vaginally.  Baby was breech, so a c-section was ordered for that reason, but even if she'd turned, they didn't want me laboring at all and had highly recommended a c-section.

I had the other pre-eclampsia issues as well, however...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

It depends on how high, and how serious your BP is, but if they can they try to induce you and go vaginally.

I was crazy high (225/115) and developing hellp, and they still "talked" about inducing me, but ended up taking DS via c-section.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"