Multiples

Thumb sucking

I've got thumb suckers!  They are completely over their paci's.  Anyone else have this?  And are you trying to deter them to just letting them suck away?

Re: Thumb sucking

• I'm letting them suck away. They've been BIG TIME thumb suckers since they were about 2 months adjusted, and it's been great because we haven't had to worry about pacis in a long, long time.

From the reading I've done, thumb sucking is really only a problem if a kiddo keeps it up after their permanant teeth come in.

• Cooper only sucks his thumb when he is tired so it is a great signal....they both dropped the paci around two months so this is his thing and if it comforts him right now so be it. I will say that I will distract him if it goes in the mouth and he is not tired but just bored..usually this works right away!
  • Loading the player...
  • Not yet...but I think they are going to be thumb suckers too! Right now they LOVE sucking on their fists...but I think as soon as they figure out how to open up that hand and stick the thumb in there they won't want their paci's anymore either. I'm kind of torn on what to do about this...I THINK I am going to try to deter them from sucking their thumbs...but I'm not 100% sure yet!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"