Babies: 9 - 12 Months

I am so pissed!

I took DD for the 2nd time to the daycare at my gym.  The daycare is really nice and they have different areas for different age groups.  I was watching the monitor and noticed that there was this 4 yo girl that was smiling at my DD and rocking her carseat.   Than I checked again, and I continued to watch and noticed that the staff allowed this 4 yo to touch my daughters fingers, toes, and face.  I ran off the treadmill went in to take her home.  I asked for a copy of policies and they said they usually have them but they were out.  I than spoke to a mgr who told me they were not licensed!  WTF!  I dont understand how they could run a daycare and not be licensed!  The mgr called the daycare director and said that I could email her to ask for the policies.  I can not believe it! I am not going to waste anymore energy on this, but just never taking her there again! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I am so pissed!

• Um, yeah, gym "daycares" are not licensed, they are nothing more than glorified babysitters. No offense, but I think that you are overreacting just a tad.
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
    Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
    Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45
  • Loading the player...
  • This isn't like a daycare center where you drop your kid off at 8 a.m. on your way to work and pick her up at 5 p.m. on your way home. It's basically a coat-check for babies so you can get a little exercise in the same building. It actually seems like they have a decent set-up to me, and you were able to monitor, so what's the problem? Get your own sitter next time.
  • imageLoriFalce:
    This isn't like a daycare center where you drop your kid off at 8 a.m. on your way to work and pick her up at 5 p.m. on your way home. It's basically a coat-check for babies so you can get a little exercise in the same building. It actually seems like they have a decent set-up to me, and you were able to monitor, so what's the problem? Get your own sitter next time.

Why wouldnt they at least have a copy of their polices, even if they are not licensed?  Wow, I cant believe I cant share my own frustration!  

• total overreaction. I understand not wanting kids to be touching all over your baby, especially during cold and flu season. But I think a better way to handle it would have been to just talk to the staff and mention your concerns. I've also never heard of a gym childcare being licensed. If they were, you'd most likely have to pay more for it, and you'd have to schedule your workouts, because they'd have much stricter staff to child ratios.
  • Fine, share your frustrations. But you are venting them here expecting people to agree with you. And so far, no one has.

Why wouldn't they have a copy of the policies? 'Cause $hit happens. Do you really think the girl who is watching the kids should just throw some kibble on the floor and let them fend for themselves while she ransacks the office for paperwork? They offered you a way to get the policies.

• imageMrsGo4Hockeychick:
    total overreaction. I understand not wanting kids to be touching all over your baby, especially during cold and flu season. But I think a better way to handle it would have been to just talk to the staff and mention your concerns. I've also never heard of a gym childcare being licensed. If they were, you'd most likely have to pay more for it, and you'd have to schedule your workouts, because they'd have much stricter staff to child ratios.

I did have to call and schedule her time with them, cause they have a specific ratio.  That is why I was ok with taking her there I thought that it was very well supervised.  

• Do you mind me asking what gym you took her to? I work at one, and I'm not too sure of the policies. However, I'm not too happy with the "seperating" of the children there so DD doesn't go to play.
  • imagecaroline:):
    Do you mind me asking what gym you took her to? I work at one, and I'm not too sure of the policies. However, I'm not too happy with the "seperating" of the children there so DD doesn't go to play.

Fitness Works

• Ok, not my gym! Well, I don't think you're wrong to be a little upset about this. There probably isn't anything you can do but bring it to a managers attention, and then pull her if the problems aren't resolved. GL.

• No offense, but you need to calm down a little bit.  I can't imagine any gym day care being licensed.  The workers there are usually just gym staff.  You seem pretty adament about the policies and such so I'm surprised that 1. you apparently don't have a copy (unless you meant that you didn't have them with you which is why you needed a copy) and 2. didn't realize they weren't licensed.  And really?  They touched fingers, toes, and face?  It really isn't the biggest deal in the world.  Kids are going to touch all over each other playing.
    imageimage
  • Wait...so you're mad because you took your kid to a daycare and another kid touched her?

• imageJuneMommy2B:

Wait...so you're mad because you took your kid to a daycare and another kid touched her?

Just to clarify I dont care if a kid touches her, but when she is poking at her and this is occuring for 20 minutes straight!  I have an issue with it.  I take DD to a daycare during the week and she loves the kids when they play with her, but they dont allow another kid to poke at her and touch her constantly.  

• OMFG! Another child touched your baby??? How dare they?

Get a clue lady. My daughter goes to a LICENSED daycare & the other kids kiss her goodbye most days. I think it's sweet.

How do you expect your kid to learn social skills?

• Simma down now...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"