Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

exaggeration

One of my biggest pet peeves is people telling you how amazing their kid is by making up some total BS story about what they can do already. Like "DC is three weeks and stands on her own!" or "DS was saying words at two months"

Another board I was looking at tonight is overrun by posts about all these things 2 and 3 week old babies are doing. Then there are people saying "it's totally rare, but my kid can" and a dozen people jumping in to say "me too"

For whatever reason, it annoyed me to read about a two week old who stole the top of her mom's banana. She makes it sound like it was completely out of her control because she couldn't stop the baby from taking her food and putting it in her mouth. I'm sorry, at two weeks old she isn't plotting to steal your meals. There is no epic struggle over whether the baby can get to your food and feed herself.

So annoying.

Re: exaggeration

• Options

That is annoying. One of DH's friends came over the other night with his current girlfriend and her 3 yo daughter. She was telling me her daughter started STTN from the day she brought her home from the hospital. Yeah, sure.

• Options
    imagesnowchylde:

One of my biggest pet peeves is people telling you how amazing their kid is by making up some total BS story about what they can do already. Like "DC is three weeks and stands on her own!" or "DS was saying words at two months"

I have to wonder what percentage of parents exaggerate or outright lie about their child's progress. And it makes me LOL that people online are doing this. What is your motivation for lying to a bunch of strangers? Bizarre.

P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Especially bizarre when you realize it is inevitably followed by a post of "my 4 week old can't stand, is something wrong?" Come to think of it, my 5 week old doesn't stand... pure laziness.

imagePhilsWife07:

I have to wonder what percentage of parents exaggerate or outright lie about their child's progress. And it makes me LOL that people online are doing this. What is your motivation for lying to a bunch of strangers? Bizarre.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"