Eco-Friendly Family
Options

A couple more questions

First, let me apologize for the never ending stream of questions.  You ladies have been very nice so far, I don't want to overextend my welcome but I need to ask these two questions.

I bought unbleached prefolds.  As per the instructions, I've washed them 5 times.  I keep testing them with the half cup of water and it is not readily absoved, it leaks.  The diaper starts absorbing right away but then I guess it gets oversaturated and leaks.  I am putting all the water in the same spot, a pocket I made, as per the instructions.  Is this normal or do I have to keep on washing and drying?

Second, assuming the prefolds are good to go and considering last night's failure, do you think the following will work?  Insert - newborn insert - prefold in a BG for nighttime until I get the extra inserts and the hemp liners.

TiA!

Re: A couple more questions

• Options
    I'm not sure about the prefold in a BG for overnight, even with a newborn insert. We used two BG fullsized inserts at night, and he still soaked through them. I can't imagine a prefold working any better. My next move is hemp.
  • Options
    we had luck with that combo until our hemp inserts arrived.  now we use infant microfiber, reg microfiber and one hemp.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Nothing worked for my ultra-heavy wetter until Foo Foo Hemp inserts combined with a MF insert. But maybe it will work for you depending on how much your DS wets at night.

And I know I've said this before, but every time I look at your siggy I just want to reach through the screen and squeeze those adorable cheeks!!!?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"