Georgia Babies

Inexpensive things to do with kids?

Now that DH is out of work, we have Alec in daycare part-time and he is going nuts at the house with us. 

Other than parks, what are some inexpensive things to do with toddlers?  I know about the zoo and aquarium, but they add up when you add in 2 adults.

Oh and what are some things to do on rainy days--we have to get out of the house or we will go nuts :)

TIA

Re: Inexpensive things to do with kids?

• library story time

story time at PBK and at book stores

North Point Mall--play area and carousel

Play @ PBK

Play dough, stickers, coloring, bubbles (these are things Kate likes to do right now)

I'll try to think of some more ... 

Photo by Everything Nice Photography
    My blog
  • If you ever want to meet us at the children's museum or the aquarium, we can get one guest in for free on our membership. :o) Depending on how old your kids are, they may get in free anyway. If you are interested, just let me know, and we can work out a date sometime.

ALSO... Nestie Play Dates ... :o)

swimming at the Y ?? (never been, but some folks we know go a lot)

There is a CFA in Vinings (I think) that has a nice play area for toddlers as well as the older kiddos. I have not been, but I have heard about it.

This summer ... Vacation Bible School 

My blog
  • Loading the player...
  • thanks Kep!! When Alec turns 2, we are going to get a Zoo membership so than we can get you guys into the zoo.

Great ideas--also is Kate eating the playdo?  Alec has been eating the crayons so coloring has been hard.

• LOL on the eating crayons. Kate hasn't tried to eat them for real yet (she pretends to eat things all the time) ... but she did color on our windows the other day. Fortunately, it rubbed right off. She put the play dough in her mouth one time. Play dough is a privilege around here--she also plays with it in her speech therapy. She likes to play with the little canisters, though. (I bought one of those big sets that has a ton of the itty bitty canisters.)

Our zoo membership expired, but we may renew it when the weather gets better. :o

My blog
  • How about story time at the local library? Also, isn't there a program in Fulton County where county residents get in free to some of the museums the first weekend of the month?
  • You guys should go to Little Shop of Stories in Decatur.  They have storytime on Tuesdays, I think.  Our nanny takes Colin a few times a month.  Also Barnes and Noble at Edgewood at the Borders on Ponce do storytime as well.
  • Monkey Joe's ... if you are under age 3 (I think) it's only $5 for all day play. Parents are free.

PBK

Target (I'm serious ... DS LOVES playing at Target)

Barnes & Noble has train tables in most of their childrens' departments. Storytime is free.

when the weather gets nicer, of course there are playgrounds and parks

Discovery Mills Mall has a Books A Million, a train, a carosel, and little ride things.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"