Infertility
Options

Another ? re: trigger shot

Went in today for a f/u u/s to see how much my follie had grown since wed (was 13 then) Today, it was 19. My re wants me to do the trigger shot on Mon. morning, Of course, glutton for punishment that I am, I google follie size @ O, and see a few sources that say it's around 19mm. I don't want to not trust my RE, but don't want to O naturally and waste a trigger shot! WDYT?

Re: Another ? re: trigger shot

• Options
    Honestly, I would just listen to your doctor. I felt the EXACT same way as you and thought that I was going to end up triggering too late. My follie was 18 mm and I was confused as to why my doctor wanted to wait a few more days! Well I listened to her and my follie had grown to a whopping 27 mm! I triggered that day and O'd either that night or the next day. Your doctor has probably been doing for sooo long and I understand how ancy you can get but ultimately, they know what's best for us. GL!
    TTC#1=Feb 2009: 50 mg Clomid+Ovidrel shot+Metformin+Dexamethasone+TI=BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2=July 2011: Surprise BFP: Chemical Pregnancy
  • Options
    Thanks, that's exactly what I need to hear- ignore Google, it is NOT your doctor! I know I'm being irrational, it's just scary when you're sinking all this money into meds and u/s, then think it might not work out as planned.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    are you doing TI or IUI? you could BD tonight just in case :) did they check your E2? maybe that is why they think it's ok to wait for the trigger...
  • Options
    I agree with the above posters. Listen to your doctor. That was my fear as well. I went in one day and my follie was like 18.9 and he wanted me to do one more dose at my highest dose of meds and then come back the next day. The next day it was 20 mm (which is what he considers mature). I triggered that night was terrified that I would O early. I had tons of pains, etc...had my B2B IUI's the next two following days. Looking back I should have questioned my doctor because when it is all said and done, I think I ended up ovulated about 36-48 hours AFTER my trigger (when I was all paranoid that I would before my first IUI at 12 hours. That's why they get paid the big bucks:) Good Luck!
  • Options
    oops., meant should have NOT questioned my doctor...
  • Options

imagemrspresley:
    are you doing TI or IUI? you could BD tonight just in case :) did they check your E2? maybe that is why they think it's ok to wait for the trigger...

We're doing TI- I was planning on jumping DH tonight anyway, just as a "precaution" They didn't do anything but a u/s- the only thing she said was that I didn't seem to have much CM yet (even though, I'm on Clomid, which hasn't affected my CM much yet, but it's my 4th cycle on it, so who knows). I took an OPK this afternoon and it was still -, so I'm sure it will all be fine. I'm just neurotic.

• Options

imagemelaniecl:
    oops., meant should have NOT questioned my doctor...

That was how I read it- no worries!

• Options
    I would go with the Dr. Everytime I think I know better, it blows up in my face! I am sure you will be fine to grow another day or so. Good luck! I hope that this is it!
  • Options
    imageTonya_G:

We're doing TI- I was planning on jumping DH tonight anyway, just as a "precaution" They didn't do anything but a u/s- the only thing she said was that I didn't seem to have much CM yet (even though, I'm on Clomid, which hasn't affected my CM much yet, but it's my 4th cycle on it, so who knows). I took an OPK this afternoon and it was still -, so I'm sure it will all be fine. I'm just neurotic.

yeah, sounds like you have your bases covered, esp if you don't have a +OPK yet! try not to stress about it and just trust your doctor :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"