Trying to Get Pregnant

Baby Name.

I want to name my *phantom* kid Conrad. DH hates it. Discuss.

Bro, but look how many ants are on this trash can...
Zach Rance 4 President

Re: Baby Name.

• I like, but is there a nickname w/ Conrad?

imageimage 

6/20/11 mc @ 5wks
    10/19/11 mc @ 17wks- Trisomy 18
    IUI #1 4/26/12 BFN
    Moving on to IVF in July
    37 with DOR...fabulous
    ER 7/14/12 6R 5F, ET 7/17 3 embies, beta #1 7/26: 147, beta #2 7/28: 326, beta#3 7/30: 422...ugh, beta#4 7/31: 607...hopeful, beta #5 8/2: 1280, beta #6 8/7: 7184 and u/s shows 1 possibly 2 sacs! 8/14 2 beautiful heartbeats! 9/24 we are TEAM BLUE!!!!!

• I want to name my kids non-nickname names. I've gone my whole life being called "Linds" for Lindsay by pretty much everyone... even people I just met. I don't mind Linds, but I really wish someone would call me by my name for the love of god.

Zach Rance 4 President

• Loading the player...
  • No worries. My phantom kids' names are Waker for my phantom son and Winter for my phantom daughter. DH just goes along with it.....even though I am sure they aren't his first choice. Just ask him if he has any ideas to bring to the table, or maybe why he doesn't like Conrad. Maybe if he has an idea for a name too, you can compromise by perhaps his choice as the middle name or vice versa...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Connie. Nuff said.

This is why I had to take Connor off my list. Boo.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Ok then Conrad is perfect for no nickname:)

imageimage 

6/20/11 mc @ 5wks
    10/19/11 mc @ 17wks- Trisomy 18
    IUI #1 4/26/12 BFN
    Moving on to IVF in July
    37 with DOR...fabulous
    ER 7/14/12 6R 5F, ET 7/17 3 embies, beta #1 7/26: 147, beta #2 7/28: 326, beta#3 7/30: 422...ugh, beta#4 7/31: 607...hopeful, beta #5 8/2: 1280, beta #6 8/7: 7184 and u/s shows 1 possibly 2 sacs! 8/14 2 beautiful heartbeats! 9/24 we are TEAM BLUE!!!!!

• Problem is that I really like his name he hath brought... Olin. We have a middle name already. DH is a Robert III... we will not be making a 4th but will use his middle name as a middle. Maybe I'll end up with a gaggle of boys and in the end he won't care!

Zach Rance 4 President

• I love the name Conrad.
    Adopting after multiple rounds of fertility meds and 3 failed IUI's
  • imagechristykell:

Connie. Nuff said.

Shiiiittttt.

Zach Rance 4 President

• imageRogue Lily:
    imagechristykell:

Connie. Nuff said.

Shiiiittttt.

I know right? There is a really old movie called "Ordinary People" where the son is Conrad and everyone calls him Connie. Yuck.

• I know a Conrad and his son is a junior.  We don't have a nickname for him expect Junior and Pito... which has nothing to do with Conrad.  I don't think I would call him Connie though.
  • imagechristykell:
    imageRogue Lily:
    imagechristykell:

Connie. Nuff said.

Shiiiittttt.

I know right? There is a really old movie called "Ordinary People" where the son is Conrad and everyone calls him Connie. Yuck.

This is totally what I thought of :(   Sorry!

• imageMelD16:
    I know a Conrad and his son is a junior.  We don't have a nickname for him expect Junior and Pito... which has nothing to do with Conrad.  I don't think I would call him Connie though.

Peer groups will come up with whatever nickname is easiest. Just sayin.

• I think Connie would be the natural way to shorten it.  Unless you're one of those moms that pulls the "His name is Conrad, not Connie!" line every time someone tries to nickname him, it just might happen.
  • image*Bee*:
    I think Connie would be the natural way to shorten it.  Unless you're one of those moms that pulls the "His name is Conrad, not Connie!" line every time someone tries to nickname him, it just might happen.

Bwahaha, I'll so be that mom.

Zach Rance 4 President

• Have you ever seen Bye Bye Birdie? ?That could be his movie, LOL :) ?I think Conrad in the movie is even some kind of elvis-like rock star or something....

"We love you Conrad, oh yes we doooooooo!

We love you Conrad, and will be trueeeeee!

When we're not near you, we're blueeeee!

Oh Co - on - rad, we love youuuuuuu!"

• imageLDRNmama:

Have you ever seen Bye Bye Birdie?  That could be his movie, LOL :)  I think Conrad in the movie is even some kind of elvis-like rock star or something....

"We love you Conrad, oh yes we doooooooo!

We love you Conrad, and will be trueeeeee!

When we're not near you, we're blueeeee!

Oh Co - on - rad, we love youuuuuuu!"

Conrad in the musical has a drinking problem and likes to romance underage girls.  I was in Bye Bye Birdie in HS.

?Transatlantic Blonde?
    it's called a kilt, he's scottish
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"