North Carolina Babies
Options

please send anti-clog vibes my way

Well, I'm taking the plunge. ?Today is my last 4 pump day--tomorrow I go down to 3 pumps per day! ?I'm worried my supply will take a major hit but I've also decided that for my own sanity I have to drop a pump. ?My goal is to make it to 1 year of breastmilk for Scottie but if I fall short, I'm OK with that. ?It's only about 3 1/2 months to go and my freezer stash would last (I think) about 4-6 weeks. ?

Yesterday and today are transitional days (stretching out time between pumps). ?Wish me luck and send all the anti-clog vibes you can my way. ?I'm looking forward to having some more freedom in my day!!!

?

Kim

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: please send anti-clog vibes my way

• Options
    Good luck! I can't imagine EPing... I pumped after 4-5 feedings a day for 6 weeks to try and up my supply and know how hard it is! I can't imagine doing it as long as you have. You've done a great thing!!!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options

Hoping for no clogged ducts!

And once again - you're AMAZING for EP for this long. I don't think there's any way I could/would have done that. Big time KUDOS to you!?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sending lots and lots of free flowing thoughts your way! I hope it goes well and your supply keeps. I'm trying as hard as I can to make it to six months, you are amazing for making it 9 months. Enjoy your freedom and good luck!
  • Options
    You are seriously SO AWESOME! Scott is so lucky to have you for a mommy. Fingers are crossed that the jump to 3 pumps a day goes smoothly!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Good luck!!!  Didn't it go pretty well the last time you dropped a pump?  I hope it goes smoothly for you - no clogged ducts!  I'm only nursing Liam 6 times a day now (one side per feeding - so the same as 3 pumps a day).  I can't tell if my supply has dipped or not, but I guess it's supposed to at this stage once they're eating so much solid food.

You have done such an awesome job pumping for him for this long - anything you get now is just icing on the cake for him! :)

Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Good luck with dropping a pump. You are absolutely amazing for pumping this long!
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Options
    imagecrescentmoon99:

Good luck!!!? Didn't it go pretty well the last time you dropped a pump?? I hope it goes smoothly for you - no clogged ducts!? I'm only nursing Liam 6 times a day now (one side per feeding - so the same as 3 pumps a day).? I can't tell if my supply has dipped or not, but I guess it's supposed to at this stage once they're eating so much solid food.

Yes, the last drop went fairly smoothly but this one is a bigger jump--essentially going 7 1/2 hours between pumps during the day and then 9 hours overnight. ?I just get nervous since I'm so susceptible to clogs to have milk sitting in my breasts that long. ?But so far so good! ?

The solid food issue is also what makes me nervous. ?Yes, he's supposed?to be needing less milk b/c he's eating solids but we're still working on the solids issue. ?Last night he completely melted down but tonight he ate mashed potatoes and some mashed bananas--woohoo!!! At the pedi on Friday they said he weighs enough now that we can really push the solids and not offer milk first anymore. ?They also said it's OK to withhold the milk for about 30 min after a solids meltdown so he won't learn to just fuss and then get the bottle. ?Thank goodness we can start pushing the issue now! I just know he'll never learn until we start being a bit more hard core about the issue.

Thanks for all the encouraging words everyone!?

Kim

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"