Multiples

Is this twins..PIP??

I have two different friends (who are not docs) who think that this U/S shows twins. The tech never said anything so I'm assuming NO. You would think the doc would call me if they saw something...right? I called my OB office this morning to reassure everything was normal, but they said to call back Monday.

Scroll the pic to the right. Share your thoughts. I did ask this question a few days ago on 6-12 to get thier opinions, but I didn't realize there was a multiples board. Thanks for your insight!!! I appreciate it!

Re: Is this twins..PIP??

• you should probably crop your name off the picture - there are a lot of internet pervs out there!

What you're thinking is the 2nd baby is the yolk sac.... or at least that's what my doctor told me at our 6w ultrasound. It turns out there was a 2nd in there that the doctor didn't see, so maybe he's full of it?

Either way, congratulations on your pregnancy!

• imageMrs. Destructo:

you should probably crop your name off the picture - there are a lot of internet pervs out there!

What you're thinking is the 2nd baby is the yolk sac.... or at least that's what my doctor told me at our 6w ultrasound. It turns out there was a 2nd in there that the doctor didn't see, so maybe he's full of it?

Either way, congratulations on your pregnancy!

Ok...that is what another nestie said as well.

• Loading the player...
  • Hum...it could be that the other twin is just a couple days behind the other..IF there is another one in there (that's normal by the way)...or it could be nothing, but it sure appears to be. GL with everything and let us know if you find out it's twins! Congrats
  • My u/s looked different, but I am certainly no expert, most women have found out they were having twins much later than I did. I still dont understand how they don't see the second baby until 12 or 13 weeks.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • maybe i'm missing something.... but i only see one yolk sac with fetal pole.  this pic is my u/s at that stage, with twins.

GL!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

Our successful cycle was IVF #2: Microdose Lupron Flare Protocol - 2 beautiful blasts transferred.

email me: gretchela@hotmail.com
  • I see where you might think so -- how many weeks were you? 

For comparison purposes, here's mine from 8w2d.  Don't know how to do a PIP.  https://tinyurl.com/b7lgbw

Mom to Abigail & Liliana -- Identical Twin Girls -- April 2008
    Baby #3 due September 12, 2014!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Looks like just one to me. ?My 9 week US looked a lot like coffee bean's and it was very obvious that there were 2. ?It doesn't look obvious enough to be twins to me, but I guess like others have said the second one could be a little behind. ?Goodluck and keep us posted!!
  • The US tech also would have had to label Baby A and Baby B.
  • i don't think so.

by 8w a twin would be much more developed.  I had a 3rd blob looking thing in my early USs - i forget what the docs called it- but it was not a triplet or anything like that- but looked like a 3rd sac of sorts in the US, but was not.

I was shown clear twins at just 5weeks... and each week after it was very easy to point out twins. By 8w it was super easy and they actually looked like 2 gummie bears in there.

either way- congrats!

• I don't think so but they totally missed Baby B at my 6 wk ultra sound. I did not know I was having twins until I was 16 weeks. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • my 7w u/s is in sig.  at 6w we could very clearly see two separate sacs and babies. 
    My Blog: Say Lucky Pregnancy Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Im no expert either...but honestly it doesnt look like it....but I could be wrong.

Here's a pic of our twins at 6w (if you look carefully, we orginally had triplets, you can see baby c up in the top right corner) and 8wimage8w Hope this helps

• are you thinking there are two babies in the one sac (black area) or another sac off to the side? (because the thing off to the side doesn't look like much to me, and i don't see more than one baby in the sac.) but no matter what, congrats on being pregnant! :) for the record, here's what my first u/s looked like at 7w3d, with IDs (all in one gestational sac) - had to get two pics to see all the babies.)

How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • like other posters, i think it's only 1 baby. My first u/s looked like the other posters with 2 black areas as each had its own sac but they share one placenta.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 4/9/09 - Chloe, our angel twin Lilypie First Birthday tickers>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"