Nurseries and Baby Gear

Help please: Window Curtain issues

Hi Ladies:

We were lucky enough to purchase a home with a complete nursery already finished before we were expecting. Now, as we attempt to prepare the nursery, I've come across an issue: window curtains. I purchased the Classic Pooh complete bedding set. The curtains are sheer with ribbons that tie into bows on the rod. However, the previous owners did a lot of molding in this room and I'm trying to figure out how to work my curtains into the decor. Does this look right if I have the bottom of the curtain hemmed? The curtain covers the bottom molding and looks weird if it stays long. We also have a second larger window and we bought two other classic pooh curtain sheers to go on that one. Any suggestions would be appreciated...TIA

Small window with curtain on tension rod: image

Large window without curtain: image

Corner shot of room: image

Re: Help please: Window Curtain issues

• Are you going to cut and sew the hem completely or just leave it ruffled like that? I would suggest sewing it so it falls flush with the molding. I think the curtain you picked is fine for that window though. :]

• If you are going to hang it inside the widow like the picture I would hem it to be a perfect fit within the window. If you put the rod above the window then you have more leeway with length, but it wouldn't show off the moulding as well.

Or...You could even sew little rings into the bottom of the curtain and do a balloon curtain if you have enough fabric to still show off pooh.

BTW, you are so lucky to have a readymade adorable nursery!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"