Breastfeeding
Options

So sore, please help!

I've been having issues with my left nipple and pain during breastfeeding. When he latches on it just hurts SO bad! I know that some initial pain is normal and this is how it is with my right breast, but with the left it continues to hurt throughout the feeding. I don't necessarily think it's a bad latch because he latches the same way on both breasts, but the issue is only with the left...but then again it doesn't really hurt when I pump on the left so I don't know. I'm at my wits end with this and the only thing I can think of to do is just let him nurse on the right and pump the left...It's gotten to the point where I'm doing all I can to not scream while he's nursing on the left.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: So sore, please help!

• Options
    Maybe you have a yeast infection in the left breast?  Look online for the symptoms, but I remember my OB teling me that if I ever get a yeast infection in my breast it will hurt.  Does your LO have a diaper rash or thrush?
  • Options
    That sounds bad, I am going through the same thing and feel your pain.  Check out llli.org for th breast soreness pages.  Kellymom also has some great sore breast resources.  There are a lot of things it could be from thrush to bad latch to blanching.  See if anything fits your symptoms.  Also, you should call your OB and/or LC and have them check you out.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Try holding him in a different position. Also make sure that his top lip is curled out, his chin should touch your breast and the bottom lip should be curled out nearly touching the chin...like a fish! If it was thrush you would see it in his mouth. Stand over a hot sink of running water to get things going and then nurse. HTH. Let me know if you have any Q's and keep us posted!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"