Success after IF

Tell me about your Pitocin Induction Please.

Well, my baby is very, I repeat very, cozy in my womb.  I have an induction scheduled for Tuesday morning.  They will break my water and then start pitocin.  Any tips/experiences/etc to share with me?

Re: Tell me about your Pitocin Induction Please.

• mine went great..  They started the pitocin...  broke my water about an hour later..  I was fine for about 4 hours (8cm) then decided to get the epidural.  I was a 10 within 30 minutes of the epi (I think it relaxed me)..  started pushing (that was long) and he was born.  Start of pitocin to birth of my baby was 8 hours...  I plan to do an induciton again. 
  • Poor DK in NJ!!  I was hoping you were in the hospital giving birth this weekend!  I'm so sorry!!

I was astounded this morning to read that my due date twin (bethCT) had her baby already! 

I'm scheduled for a pitocin induction on Wednesday (after a final check on Tuesday).  I wish I was going to go in on Tuesday.  Or today!!

Anyway, I'll be following your story!  Best of Luck!

(Oh!  I had a pitocin induction with DD #1.  I started contracting my own the night before, so everything went really REALLY quickly once I got into the hosptial.  I got pitocin, then the epidural like seconds later -- all of this after an enema -- and she was born about 2 or 3 hours later!  It's easier if your cervix is already "ripe" ... which I'm hoping for again!)

• Loading the player...
  • My induction went very well. I was given a bag of fluid and pitocin around 6:30am. Around 7-7:30am they broke my water. Very soon after I had my epi. I hung out, talked and watched tv. Around 3:00pm I thought I had to go #2:) turned out Isabel was trying to get her head out. I pushed for about 45-50 mins and out came dd. It was a great experience and I would love to do it again, I never really felt any pain. Good Luck I hope yours goes as smooth as mine did!

For DD - IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP / For DS - dIUI #1 - BFP Dx:severe MFI-Y Chromosome Microdeletion Isabel born 10-15-08! / Baby Boy EDD July 2013 imageLily  pie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageInACitySoNice:

Poor DK in NJ!!  I was hoping you were in the hospital giving birth this weekend!  I'm so sorry!!

I was astounded this morning to read that my due date twin (bethCT) had her baby already! 

I'm scheduled for a pitocin induction on Wednesday (after a final check on Tuesday).  I wish I was going to go in on Tuesday.  Or today!!

Anyway, I'll be following your story!  Best of Luck!

(Oh!  I had a pitocin induction with DD #1.  I started contracting my own the night before, so everything went really REALLY quickly once I got into the hosptial.  I got pitocin, then the epidural like seconds later -- all of this after an enema -- and she was born about 2 or 3 hours later!  It's easier if your cervix is already "ripe" ... which I'm hoping for again!)

Hey!  Good luck to you on Wednesday. At the rate I am going, I won't be surprised if your deliver before me!

I must ask, did you do an enema at home or the hospital?  I am seriously considering doing it at home that night (or maybe a suppository).  I asked the OB if I will need cervix gel, etc....but she said I am "thin and soft" at about 70-80%. 

• My induction also went well and I know exactly how you feel...I was induced at 41 weeks. I went to the hospital around 3am and they started the pitocin right away. I was 4cm around 1pm. The contractions were not bad whatsoever and I actually never felt a contraction, b/c they gave me the epidural right after they broke my water. I wish I would have waited though on the epidural b/c I got really nauseated and was completely out of it until the next day. Ben was born at 12:31am. It went very well and I am a little sad I never felt a real contraction. Good luck, can't wait to see pics!
  • mine was fine. They starated pitocin around 7am - got the epidural around 7:30am and pretty much slept all day.... it took me a long time to dilate- but i didn't have much pain at all - except for maybe 45 min when a window opened in the epi and i had one area that i could feel the contrax - so they reinserted it and it worked great. (btw- putting in the epi was no big deal at all).

i forget what time they broke my water- but they eventually did- and i didn't start pushing until midnight- took about 1.5 hours of pushing and he came out.

no real tips... just that it sometimes takes a long time- so have books, music, etc - and anyone who is going to be waiting there needs to know it might be a long wait. My mom ended up leaving and coming back when i was about 8cm, since it was taking so long. DH stayed the whole time and watched TV and surfed the net... i slept.

• I had a Cervidil and Pitocin induction.

Cervidil at 8:30p on Friday night. Started contracting on my own around 3:30a Sat. Pitocin was started at 9:30a.  I got my epi at 5:30p (I probably could have made it longer, but I was so tired at this point I gave in). They broke my water around 5:45p.  I had DD at 12:17a Sunday morning after pushing for 19 minutes. 

It was a great experience! I would definitely be induced again. I just wish my cervix had been more "favorable", but I was induced due to pre-e so I didn't really have a choice.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I was terrified to have Pitocin. ?With my first child 16 yrs ago, Pitocin did not go so well for me but in that time they have learned to use it much better I guess. ?They started me on Pitocin about 11am, contractions came up to 1 min apart so they turned it back. ?Once the doc broke my water (at 4:30pm) things started happening again. ?Had my son at 7:46pm. ?This last experience was so much better. ?
  • We worry so many months about keeping them in, and then they don't want to come out! Good luck with your induction. I'm sure it will go smoothly.

Personally, wish I could have skipped 18 hours of labor an gone right for the c-section if we had known the baby was going to be too big for my body.You can see in my siggy how my pitocin induction ended up. Btw, the c-section wasn't bad at all. I feel totally recovered already, and I'm quite thankful the stitches are in my tummy and not "down there" :)

I checked into the hospital 8 days past my due date, and started the pitocin drip around 4pm. I stalled at 5cm dilated, so they broke my water around 1am and that's when the fun started. The contractions were REALLY strong after that, and I got the epidural at 2am. By 3am the contractions were coming so strong and close together that I needed a terbutaline shot to stop them since I was only 8cm and not ready to push. Three hours later the pit was started again, and another 2 hours after that I was pushing. It soon became very clear the baby wasn't descending, and I was rolled in for the c-section after pushing through only 5 contractions.

The worst part of the drip was being hooked up to so many IV's and wires. ?Make sure hubby is there to help you to the bathroom. Also, have a big meal before you get to the hospital because it may be more than a day before you get to eat again. After the epidural, I pretty much slept through most of the process.

Best of luck. ?I hope you get to meet your little one soon!?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"