Infertility
Options

OHSS...what helped

Hello ladies. What helped your hyperstimulation? Did it return once it went away or once they drained it.
Beta#1=1293 (13dp5dt), Beta#2 =4462 (17dp5dt), Beta#3 =8039 (19dp5dt) BFP 5/8/2009 IVF#2 w/ICSI & AH - April 09 - Transfer 5/1 IVF#1 w/ICSI & AH - Feb 09 - BFN MFI - low morph 1998 - Lap - Endometriosis, 1994 - Lap - Endometriosis, TTC - Tooooo Long! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Jeremiah 29:11-13 11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.

Re: OHSS...what helped

• Options

I'd call your doctor, seems like each doctor has a different philosophy.  Also, it may have been in paperwork or directions they gave you.

What helped me was staying away from salt as much as possible and driinking tons of water.  My symptoms were barely anything outside of bloatness.  However, other dr.'s say to drink V8 and gatorade which has sodium, mine told me not to.  So go with your dr's philosophy and follow what your RE says.

• Options

I had severe OHSS. They told me to continue drinking Gatorade and eat as many salty foods as I could (you want to retain as much water as possible).

I did not have to have fluids drained. I was very dehydrated, so I had to have fluids pumped into me. They were worried they would have to drain, but they never did. They also only had to hydrate me once.

Good luck! Go to the ER if it gets too bad!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! It feels much better since they drained it. I'm just over analyzing every little symptom and praying they don't postpone the 5day transfer tomorrow.
    Beta#1=1293 (13dp5dt), Beta#2 =4462 (17dp5dt), Beta#3 =8039 (19dp5dt) BFP 5/8/2009 IVF#2 w/ICSI & AH - April 09 - Transfer 5/1 IVF#1 w/ICSI & AH - Feb 09 - BFN MFI - low morph 1998 - Lap - Endometriosis, 1994 - Lap - Endometriosis, TTC - Tooooo Long! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Jeremiah 29:11-13 11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.
  • Options

Yeah, I freaked out over every little symptom too. My RE kept reminding me that some symptoms are just fine. It doesn't necessarily mean you're going to need to have more treatment at all. That made me feel better to know that you can have some symptoms and still be okay.

• Options
    Thanks....that's definitely good to hear. I hope that all is going well with you. I've read several of your posts and I've been saying some prayers for you. I can't wait to hear some good news!!!
  • Options

Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers. I really appreciate them! :) Things are good here. I am scheduled for an integrin 3 endometrial biopsy on 3/11. AF is due 3/14 and I'll start bcp's for an April ER date. We're getting there slowly but surely!!

Good luck with your ET tomorrow!

• Options
    imageTryingtogetpregnant:

I had severe OHSS. They told me to continue drinking Gatorade and eat as many salty foods as I could (you want to retain as much water as possible).

I did not have to have fluids drained. I was very dehydrated, so I had to have fluids pumped into me. They were worried they would have to drain, but they never did. They also only had to hydrate me once.

Good luck! Go to the ER if it gets too bad!

I had the same experience as her.  Was in ER twice for IV to rehydrate me but they never drained fluid.  I was down and out for about a week.  Severely bloated too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    PCOS, Ectopic & M/C of twins October 2010, Currently TTC #2
  • Options
    Thanks again. Keep us up to date. Can't wait to hear your impending good news in April! Take Care!
  • Options
    I'm finding out that it can be quite common. They said it's possible that it returns and it can get worse with pregnancy at first, then go away. I have to say, even though I'm still sore, I feel sooooo much better. It's amazing compared to yesterday.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"