Washington Babies

whose baby had the bloody stools at birth???

Sorry I can't remember who it was.... but I've been wondering how she's doing and if they ever figured out what the problem was??

Re: whose baby had the bloody stools at birth???

• That was Pixelvixen's baby, and he's doing ok now.
  • oh good!  I'm so glad.

You know how weird stories really stick with you sometimes??  I kept thinking about that one and what a mystery it was.   I'm glad he's OK!  :)

• Loading the player...
  • My little Ryan had the bloody stools at birth.  Since we got home, I've only changed ONE bloody diaper.  Go figure.  They *think* he's allergic to cow's milk.... but it's so very rare that they are born with an allergy - because he was pooping blood even before I was able to BF.  My mommy instinct sure doesn't think it's an allergy though.  I think he swallowed my blood (a clot maybe) on his way out and it took a while to work through his system.  They said it'd be gone within 7 days and it was gone at 10 days.  But we have him on Nutramigen regardless (Infamil brand formula that is for babies with allergies to cows milk) and he's doing fine.  I tried BFing but once we left the hospital my supply tanked and even with pumping I couldn't get more than an ounce total per session so I quit.  Which is fine because they wanted me on a dairy-free/soy-free diet to nurse anyway. 

Thanks for asking Jill :) 

• I'm glad he's OK!   Sorry you have to do the Nutramigen though - that stuff is pricey!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"