TTC After a Loss

Ovulation question

Ok, so here I am on cycle day 29 with still no evidence of ovulation occuring.  My chart is all over the place and I don't know if this would be considered an annovulatory cycle.  I'm still fairly new to the charting stuff but this happened in December too.  I eventually did ovulate in January but it resulted in a BFN.  I guess my concern is that I've been reading about how later ovulation can be a reason for miscarriages.  If I O later in my cycle and conceive, do you think that would affect the pregnancy?  Do older eggs cause chromosome problems?  Has anyone else O'd later in their cycle and gone on to have a healthy pregnancy?  I'm totally freaking out!  Thanks for your input.

Re: Ovulation question

• I ovulated late when I got my BFP and after the mc I asked my doc about this.  She said that she doesn't believe that there is any relationship between the two.  That said, if you're concerned, ask your doc about it.
  • I'm dealing w/ confusing cycles and no sign of Oing also. I know how discouraging it is. I've heard mixed things about late Oing. My SIL's acupuncturist and dr. both said there's a higher risk of m/c w/ later Oing due to the quality of the egg, but I hadn't heard this in the past, and my OB doesn't seem concerned. I would go ahead and ask your dr's thoughts as Leah mentioned. GL to you and ::O dust:: all around ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I worry about the same thing. I Oed someone between CD 34 and 36 and that resulted in a miscarriage due to chromosomal abnormality. I think I just Oed again on wed which was CD 34 and am freaking out.

my doc gave me clomid for next cycle. 

BFP#1 missed m/c-d&c 10/27/08, BFP#2 BO-natural m/c 5/15/09, BFP#3 8/12/09-DS born 4/2010, BFP#4=TWINS-missed m/c&d/c 6/15/11, BFP#4 11/22/11- please stay with me
  • Thank you to those that have replied.  I appreciate your input.  I have talked to my OB about it and she didn't seem too concerned, but I just can't help but be a little worried and paranoid, you know?  I just really want a baby really bad and can't imagine going through all of this again.  I want to do everything possible to make sure this one sticks...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"