Austin Babies

F/U: Favorite brands of CD's?

I may try to register for a few CD's and just see how it goes.

If you CD, can you tell me what are your favorite brands?  And why you prefer these?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: F/U: Favorite brands of CD's?

• Newborn diapers - Kissaluvs size 0. They fit really well, have a cord dip, and were perfect for me because I knew we could never handle the prefolds! I did Bummi's super whisper wrap covers and don't recommend those. We are trying some others this time.

Once they are a little older - Fuzzibunz and BumGenius 3.0 OS. They are really easy for DH to use and they don't leak very often.

Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• So far I've tried Dream-eze which is an all-in-one diaper, I guess. ?The extra absorbent layers are sewn in anyway. ?It had snaps which I liked and worked, but it was a size diaper, which I didn't like and I had to use a pul fabric cover over the diaper. ?

Then I bought a couple haute pockets, a one size diaper which you stuff the extra absorbent layers into. ?I really like this diaper, again it snaps, but I like the old style better than the new one, which doesn't work as well now as it use to when he was smaller. ?Basically the new design is like a smaller one-size diaper, which to me, isn't really one size, Colton's very uncomfortable in them, but we still use them anyway!

I just got a happy heinys in the mail the other day and just finished washing it. ?I'll have to try it out to see how we like it, but from looking at the design, I think it will be a winner!?

My plan (already bought the materials) is to make my own out of the design we like the best. ?I've been putting it off because I didn't have the time, but now I'm glad I did because I realized how the haute pockets really weren't working like I thought they would.?

ETA: ok, just re-read your post. ?Clearly I don't have a favorite yet! ?If the HH becomes my favorite, I'll be sure to let you know! ?Oh well, at least you know which ones not to try! ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • For covers over prefolds. Imse Vemse (sp - too lazy to google), but only when the cord has fallen off. You definately want the cord dip until the cord has fallen off. We severly irritated Inara's cord and as a result she held onto her cord for a month, not to mention the chance for infection. I hated the Bummi's Super Whisper Wraps. I also used Prowraps, which were fine.

I used the sized AIO BG's (2.0) and are in love with these diapers. I had fully intended to use onesized diapers until her clothes stopped fitting her due to bulk, so I had to buy a sized diapers.

For one size diapers:

I don't really have a favorite yet. We currently use BG 3.0 but there is no way these puppies are going to last, Inara is already in the biggest snaps. I have used the One size Blueberry (love this diaper, so soft, but the bulk is CRAZY), we use it strictly for pictures in the buff.

I can tell you I HATED, HATED, HATED Rumparooz's. Words cannot express my hatred for this diaper and their CS sucks the biggest one ever.

• I have only tried Fuzzi Bunz (both old and new), BumGenius 3.0 (the one-size), whammies, and happy hineys.

Fuzzi Bunz (old)- by far my favorite. Jack has been in the mediums since he was around 6 mos and he still has room. they snap (super easy for DH), are easy to stuff and are pretty slim compared to other diapers.

Fuzzi Bunz (new)- these run larger than the old ones. no big deal if you never had old ones. i'm not a huge fan of the new cut of them, but again, could just be me. still snap, still slim.

BG 3.0- LOVE them, except after over a year of use, some of the velcro tabs are really wearing down. oh, about these...they are one sized. i don't imagine they would realistically work for a newborn (we didn't start w/ these until 4 mo). i think when complete sized down, they would be waaaay to bulky, but that would be true of most one sized really. these seem the most like disposable to me (w/ the velcro and such). they are a tiny bit bulkier than fuzzi bunz. oh, and if you have a sewing machine, the velcro isn't a big deal. it's all external, so it's a quick project to replace.

whammies- I JUST got one of these from m&m. suuuuper soft on the inside (i wish my undies felt like these). and they are fastened w/ a series of hooks. i like the hooks b/c of the size range. dh doesn't like the hooks b/c they are hard to get off (that's what she said). this diaper tends to sag in front w/ jack. it has a different cut...it looks more like a bikini diaper, so not a lot of bulk. i'm still getting used to this one.

happy hineys- not my favorite. i'm sure if i had started w/ these, i would be more of a fan. pros- the velcro is SUPER strong. as jack is quickly approaching the days where it's fun to take off his diaper, this is key. great absorbancy. cute prints. cons- kinda bulky. 

• I've only tried pockets and one AIO, but I've tried ~13 different pockets and love my BG 3.0 the best by far!  I haven't read what the pp wrote but I found some of the diapers that other raved about always leaked with Megan, and I think it just comes down to their individual size / shapes.  So much of it was trial and error, but I love diaperswappers because you can just sell the ones that don't work!

oops I forgot to say why...  I prefer the velcro diapers to snaps.  Of course that may change eventually but for now we love velcro the best.  It's just easier to use, especially when Megan doesn't want to be on her back now and squirms a lot!  Also the BG just fit her the best, are less bulky than other OS ones I've tried and I've never had a leak (and use them for overnight with an additional hemp insert).

• Ok, I just tired out the HH for the first time. ?I like it a lot and I think Colton does too. ?This is an all snap diaper, which is what I like. ?I don't like the velcro because it's one more thing to have to remember to do before washing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"