D.C. Area Babies
Options

Post baby weight vent

So I gained at least 45 lbs during my pregnancy, probably more but I stopped counting towards the end.  As of this week I am still about 6 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight but I want to lose more than that (I'm 5'6" and am at 146 now, I'd love to get down to 135 or less).  I'm nursing and about a month ago started the couch to 5k running program which I love.  DH and I are training for a 1/2 marathon in January and I'm actually enjoying running so far. 

My biggest gripe/issue is with my clothes.  Some of them fit, some are tight, some I have no idea how I got into them in the first place.  I had a mini breakdown tonight because I'm going to a funeral tomorrow for a dear co-worker and can't find anything appropriate that fits.  I know I'm emotional over losing a co-worker/friend and then I feel guilty for feeling selfish that nothing fits.  

I guess I'm just looking for advice or something.  I don't want to spend money on WW right now although it is tempting.   I gave up putting sugar on coffee/food for Lent, that might make a difference but who knows.  I miss my clothes, ugh!

Re: Post baby weight vent

• Options
    Just hang in there (if you can!). I went through the exact same thing at at 4 months had about 5 lbs to lose. My DD is 6 months now and I'm under my pre-pregnancy weight and my clothes fit so much better. In fact, they all fit now. I too was wondering if I would ever get back into all of them at 4 months. I think it just takes your body awhile to tighten back up into what it used to look like! I run too and this helps a lot. Just try to be patient...even though I know that's hard. With the nursing and running you'll be back to yourself in no time. Just remember, it is temporary!
  • Options
    Just hang in there.  I gained 47 pounds and I still have 20 more pounds to go!!! My original weight was 120 and I practically cry every day when I try to get into my old clothes.  I nurse and run and lift weights and so far I have been losing some weight but I know its going to take time. So just keep working at it and you will be back to your old self before you know it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If it's any consolation, it took you longer than 4 months to put it on, it's perfectly normal for it to take longer than 4 months to come off.  To already be within 6lbs of your pre-pregnancy weight is a fabulous accomplishment.  You'll get there.  Like PP said, ti just takes time.  You're already doing all the right things.
  • Options
    It takes time.  I put on 60 lbs. and I still have some to lose.  It's hard too if your bfing because you can't really diet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

First of all, you are doing REALLY well!!!!!!!  It may not feel like it, but your baby is what, four months old and you're within just a few pounds of your pre-preg weight!?  That is actually really amazing.  And you're training for a marathon, are you kidding me?  Stop beating yourself up.  Truly.  (That was all meant to be a pep talk by the way, I'm not trying to be preachy!)

And if it helps, my body shape totally changed after DD #1 and I suspect there will be more changes as I lose weight from DD #2.  I finally broke down and gave most of my pre-preg clothes to my mom because even if I got near that weight, the clothes were all cut pretty close to my once-boyish-shaped body and my body has many more CURVES than before.  So just consider the fact that while you may miss your old clothes, you may get down to your goal weight and still not fit into them quite right... but the good news is you'll have an excuse to GO SHOPPING!!!  Smile

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Options

I'm a few days behind, so I don't know if you will even see this, but if you do:

Your body may just be freaking out because of the increased calorie demands of breastfeeding and running, so you may just be at a plateau or even need to increase your intake a bit.

If you are familiar enough with WW to do the program on your own, you can google the points formula and ranges and set yourself up a spreadsheet for tracking.  Remember to google weight watchers while breastfeeding, too, because your needs are different than a regular dieter.

Check out www.3fatchicks.com.  They have forums for WW and every other diet under the sun.  They probably have folks who are post-partum who can help you adapt WW to your breastfeeding needs.GL!

DD1 is 3, DD2 is 1.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"