Cincinnati Babies
Options

Another silver lining

So, I told my boss today, and even though I have to use up all my sick leave, there is a policy he told me about called "parental accommodation" where I would be relieved of my teaching duties for a whole quarter, yet receive FULL PAY that entire quarter!  So I'm thinking, I get back to work at the end of Fall quarter after I deliver, go through winter break working p/t, and then not teach at all winter quarter and only have to come in a few hours a week for whatever advising duties I am picking up.   My boss is all for taking full advantage of these policies (and even encouraged me to be sure to think about it!).  So that would essentially give me either time off or part time work from when I deliver all the way through MARCH the next year on full salary!  I guess this whole working for the state thing isn't totally bad.  Wink

Re: Another silver lining

• Options
    Wow, that sounds awesome!  That's great your boss is really watching out for you.
  • Options
    And I heard working for the state was worse than being a federal employee! Fooey! I've only been with the federal gov't almost 4 years, but got married and had one child already, and of course actually take a vacation for a week per year and I only have enough leave built up to stay home full time for 6 weeks and then part time (as in work three 8 hour days) for another 3 weeks! Booooo! Thankfully my mom is going to stay home full time with my kids now though, so at least I won't actually have to worry about them....I just can't physically be with them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"