newbie — The Bump
Preemies

Hi so i'm here for a friend, who delieverd her son Jacob yesterday at 29 weeks due to spontaneous placenta abruption. he was extubated today, yay! and is on c-pap now doing well. birth weight was 2530 grams. unforutunatly they were transfered to a hospital an hour and half from home since the NICU here doesnt take premies before 34 weeks.

i think shes having a hard time coping with how her delivery went (understandably), since it was an emergency c-section and Jacob needed cpr for 1.5minutes. so i was wondering if you ladies had any books/websites that would help her deal with that?

also any general tips for her on coping with dad/other family not being able to be there with her and him everyday would be great.

i'm sad to be here posting this, it's going to be a long haul but I know you ladies are a wealth of information so thank you!

Andrea

Re: newbie

• i know there's a book that a lot of the girls recommend, but i don't know what it is...so i'm sure someone will post. ?as for websites, i'd tell her to stay away from google, and to spend some time here when she's ready. ?this board is full of knowledgeable and supportive women. ?she'll have a long road and ?so will Jacob...and the nicu is full of ups and downs. ?my 26 weekers spend 88 and 80 days in the nicu (both came home before their due date) and they happy, healthy, 1 year olds today. ?

-april?

• The book is The Essential Guide for Parents of Premature Babies.

My baby was norn at 26 weeks, 1 day. He spent 12 weeks in the NICU and came home 2 weeks before his due date. He is almost 8 months old and is doing really well.

Conceived twins with IVF January 2008. Lost baby a at 20 1/2 weeks due to premature rupture of membranes and held onto baby b. Baby b (Brandon) born at 26 weeks and 1 day on July 5, 2008. Wesley born full term on June 29, 2011. My blog http://karenandstu.blogspot.com Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards