Indiana Babies

PIP Christening Dress WDYT?

Do you think it's too much going on, on this dress?  Or should I get it?  I really love it and I think it's pretty timeless but I am wondering if it's gaudy??  Comes with hat and bloomers.  TIA

Re: PIP Christening Dress WDYT?

• I think that with the hat it's a little much but I love the dress itself!
  • My personal style is much more simple, but your little girl is going to look beautiful no matter what.

We're probably going to do something like this, from Gymboree. It's cotton poplin:

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it's very pretty, though i'm not a fan of the hat.  i love the bloomers. :)
    Jen & T.J. 6.17.06 BabyBlog * my chart *
    Joseph Henry was born at home on March 9, 2009
    Nora Mae was born at home on October 30, 2011
  • It's cute, but I'm also a fan of simple, especially with babies.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #2 11/4/12 EDD 7/20/12 missed M/C 12/13/12 @8w5d D&C 12/21/12
    DX 2/7/13 with an alloimmunity + for anti-paternal antibodies started Lovenox daily & BA
    BFP 2/16/13 EDD 10/28/13

• Ditto pps.....it's cute, but I would probably just do the dress and not the hat.

• imageNDwife07:

My personal style is much more simple, but your little girl is going to look beautiful no matter what.

We're probably going to do something like this, from Gymboree. It's cotton poplin:

Love this!

• I think it's pretty, but we went traditional with something from Strasburg Children that could be used for a boy or a girl.  Even though we had a boy first, it is what I would have picked regardless so that all our kids could use it.

This is the one we have, plus a matching long sleeve jacket, that isn't pictured on the site.

If you only plan on one kid or plan to get multiple gowns, then of course, it doesn't matter... but that's one of the things that helped me decide.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I like the dress, but like Beth, we opted for something more gender neutral.  Also, the bonnet is cute, but you'd want to leave it off during the service so her face could be seen by the congregation.

My MIL picked out our dress, but it's what I would have chosen too.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"