D.C. Area Babies
Options

Who is using INOVA Fair Oaks Hospital?

That is my hospital, however this is my first and I don't have any experience with them.  Anyone else?  Good?  Bad?

Thanks!

Miranda

Re: Who is using INOVA Fair Oaks Hospital?

• Options
    I am using them and heard good things from some local people who grew up in the area.  I do not have any experiences yet though good or bad. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I did.  They were awesome. The nurses were very friendly and helpful and the facilities are great.  I had both my twins and my son there.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I just had DS there 2 weeks ago.  Impatient little man decided to show up 7 weeks early, so he's still in the NICU.  Overall, we've had a really good experience--the nurses in L&D and postpartum were really nice, and the NICU staff is awesome.

One word of advice--DEFINITELY bring your own pillow!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I'll be delivering there.  While I haven't delivered there before, I had some wrist surgery there and some prenatal testing and couldn't have been happier with the service I received.

I've had friends deliver there and they had nothing but raves for the hospital/staff. Another plus (hoping we don't have to use it) is that they just opened a state of the art NICU--before baby had to be transferred to Inova Fairfax.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'll be delivering there as well. My drs office is actually attached to the hospital but outside of that, I haven't had much experience there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We probably go to the same doctor  ;-)

Great to hear such good things about the hospital.

• Options
    I delivered my 2nd there in June of 07, they were great. Very nice and helpful with everything. You should go take a tour, that will help for you to see everything and how everything works, etc.
  • Options
    This is our first baby and we are delivering there. We just took the free tour of the maternity ward. They offer the tour to all parents expecting to deliver there. If you go to the Inova Fair Oaks website, you can sign up for one of the tours. They have them very frequently (and at many different times and days) and they only take about half an hour tops. It helps you get prepared for where you have to go and what you have to do, and you get to see the labor and delivery rooms and the private rooms you stay in.
  • Options
    We had a WONDERFUL experience at Fair Oaks - the nurses and the facilities were both excellent (can't say the same for Fairfax - although that was the PICU and not L&D but you would think PICU nurses would generally be pretty accomodating and nicer?).  I recommend Fair Oaks to anyone that I know that's pregnant.  Sign up for the tour so you can see everything for yourself first!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"