Baby Names

Do you like your name?

What's your name and do you like it?

Mine is Laura and I love it! My middle name is Marie and I don't really care for that name, but I think Laura Marie sounds good together. ?

Re: Do you like your name?

• First name Natalie: yes. I like it fine...except when ignorant morons pronounce it Nat-Lee

Middle name Erin: totally not a fan. I dropped it and moved my maiden name up to be my MN.

• My name is Dezra Jayne...I have always hated having an unusual name, it can be a burden at times.
  • Loading the player...
  • My name is Alyssa Ann, and I love it. Although, oddly enough, I do not usually like the first and middle name to start with the same letter. Additionally, my name is wildly popular now which drives me a little crazy, but it wasn't when I was born.
  • I do like my name although it's a pain that it's always misspelled and mispronounced.  My first "real" name is Deirdre but I go by Dee Dee.  I was actually given my nickname first while I was still in the womb and they picked Deirdre to go along with it.  My middle name is Shao-Tang.  I've always loved having a different middle name and I'm proud to be half Chinese so it's always been special to me.

Dee Dee DS Elijah Xin 3/11/05 DD Evangeline Mei 8/24/06
  • I do.  I am Lauren Elizabeth.  I wanted my name to be Elizabeth when I was little, but now wouldn't change it!
  • Alyssa Michelle....i always hated that my name was mispronounced when I was younger. I would have liked Alyssa Nicole better.
  • Yes, I love my name. First name is Anna, which has served me well since I travel a lot and work as a translator. I've never visited a country where someone had never heard my name or didn't know how to pronounce it. I also like that it's pretty much spelled the same from language to language.

My middle name is Sylvia which I also love.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My name is Lucy and I love it.  The only problem with it is that it seems to be a super popular pet name!
  • imageAllThatGlitters101:

My name is Taryn and I've always liked my name. When I was little I was bummed that I couldn't get ready-made personalization stuff, but as I got older I loved being the only Taryn around. People normally spell it wrong, but it just takes a second to correct. I still get compliments on my name pretty often; at the bank the other day the teller was like, "Wow, what a cool name! I've never heard that!"

Nicole is my middle name and I find it pretty blah. I wish my mom would have evened out my name with a classic mn. I would have dropped it when I got married, but I hated my maiden name and wanted a mn still.

I grew up with a girl named Taryn and I was so used to it I didn't realize until recently that I've never met another one.  It is a beautiful name.

When I was a kid I did go through a phase of wanting my name to be either Elizabeth or Rose.

Dee Dee DS Elijah Xin 3/11/05 DD Evangeline Mei 8/24/06
  • My name is Breanna Lynn. I have always liked it for the most part. I agree with someone else that said they hated never being able to get personalized things (like pencils or whatever) when they were young. Lynn isn't my favorite but it is my mom and grandmother's middle names so I like that about it.
  • I love my name NOW......but when I was younger I hated it and I tried to make everyone call me by my middle name. My name is TIkvah Rachel.

My first name Tikvah is Hebrew, it means Hope.

Even now that I'm older I still have the habit of introducing myself as Rachel just because it's so much easier for people to understand and pronounce, but I really do love my name (And I have only ever met one person who has it, she was from Israel).

Plus, my last name is very typically hispanic so I think my full name really shows off my Jewish/Hispanic herritage, which is cool =)

• My name is Merideth Ann. I don't mind Ann as it is a family name (my grandmother's middle name) but I'm not a fan of Merideth. Note that there are two common ways to spell that name Meredeth or Meredith and neither of those are mine. I could never find anything pre-made due to the spelling. Also, Meredith's in movies are always either villans or emotionally damaged and when you look up the name meaning most places say it started as a boy's name.

I was always jealous of people named Isabelle or Giselle or people with really girly names.

imageimageimage
                                     **DS 12/17/10** **#2 Due 2/14/15**

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've always liked Shannon. I never even minded that it was androgynous, even when I had male Shannons in my class growing up. My maiden name was very Irish, so I always thought it sounded cool.

MN is Renee and it's so-so. It was picked b/c it's just a pretty name. I'm not attached but it's fine.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My name is Kira Renee and I've always loved it! I liked having a unique name growing up although back then it was much more uncommon and sometimes people would pronounce it 'K-eye-ra". My parents liked it because it means "sunshine" (which I love too), and it's been my dad's nickname for me since I was born. I get compliments on it all the time!
  • imagemaltwin1:

My name is Merideth Ann. I don't mind Ann as it is a family name (my grandmother's middle name) but I'm not a fan of Merideth. Note that there are two common ways to spell that name Meredeth or Meredith and neither of those are mine. I could never find anything pre-made due to the spelling. Also, Meredith's in movies are always either villans or emotionally damaged and when you look up the name meaning most places say it started as a boy's name.

I was always jealous of people named Isabelle or Giselle or people with really girly names.

I have a friend named Meredith and she's awesome! I think it's a great name. ?

• imagemaltwin1:

My name is Merideth Ann. I don't mind Ann as it is a family name (my grandmother's middle name) but I'm not a fan of Merideth. Note that there are two common ways to spell that name Meredeth or Meredith and neither of those are mine. I could never find anything pre-made due to the spelling. Also, Meredith's in movies are always either villans or emotionally damaged and when you look up the name meaning most places say it started as a boy's name.

ITA!  I'm Meridith and I hate how people misspell my name... to the point where I don't even feel like correcting them anymore.  It just stinks.  But I go by "Meri" anyways.  But that gets misspelled and mispronouced *sigh*  I always wanted any name that I could find on personalized on a pencil or cup when on vacation.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • my first name is Jessica and my middle name is Charlotte.  there is always a Jessica where ever i go so i really don't like it.  i wish my mother would have made Charlotte my first name, after my grandmother.  i'm thinking of Charlotte for a girl's name...
  • Mine is Pamela, I go by Pam. I like it, it's kind of plain though.  I don't know many other Pamela's, especially my age, so I like that.

• My first name is Toni (after my great-grandfather Anton).  I hate it.  I hate that it's a "boy's" name.  I hate that it's only a nickname and constantly having to answer the question "What's your real name?"  I hate that it is constantly misspelled.  The only thing I like about it is that it's uncommon.

My middle name is Grace (after my great-grandmother).  That I like and I tried to go by it in middle school, but I couldn't get it to stick.  I liked that it was uncommon as a kid.  It bothers me that it's become a "filler name" and way too common.

• I am April and I love my name now but hated it as a kid because I always got the "April Showers" and "April wheres May" jokes etc... My middle name is Cachet (Ca Shay) and its ok but I don't love it.
  • Jessica.......I like it.  It was super popular when I was growing up so that has definitely made a difference.  I do like it, but I just wish I wasnt one of many.
  • I'm Amber.  I've never liked my name but I don't hate it either.  I just never felt like it fit me.

I don't have a middle name, which is a Serbian tradition.  My dad, grandpa, his dad, etc all don't have middle names.  I've always been honored to be included in that tradition (especially since my older brother wasn't).  I'm trying to get DH to go for no middle name, but considering he has THREE he thinks it's a little weird.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Amber
    TTC since March '06
    MFI, LPD, possible PCOS
    3 chem pgs * m/c identical twins at 9w 10.06
    IVF w/ICSI #2 - beta - 187! (9dp5dt), beta - 367! (11dp5dt)
    IVF w/ICSI #3 - it's a girl!
    My IF Blog: Between the Lines
    My Parenting Blog: Letters From Your Mama
  • My name is Kelly Ann...I love it...I had a very Irish maiden name so it sounded really nice

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Kristen... (obvious by the sn) I love my name but if other people are writing it down its always spelled Kristin. That gets rather annoying, but I actually like it spelled my way better.
  • I'm Erin Jessica and I've never minded my name. I'd like to pass on Jessica as a MN but it sounds very 80s to me.
  • My name is Sara...I like it a lot. The only bad thing is that when I was in school there were a lot of people with that name and also everyone is always misspelling it.
  • I'm Laura too!  I'm Laura Christina.  I really like my name and it suits a little girl and an adult woman. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like names that are not too common, so I really like my name: Alicia Ashton. I was going to be named Elizabeth Ashley, but they changed it at the last minute, and I'm SO glad they did! : )
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My name is Aviva Rose and I've pretty much always loved my name.  Sometimes it can be a PITA spelling/pronouncing it for people, but I like have an unusual name. 

I'll give a shout to Tikvah up there with our exotic Hebrew names.  =)

• I am Lisa Jean.  I like it, but I am not crazy about it.  It is SUPER dated to the time period in which I grew up, which can be a good thing and a bad thing, I guess.  It's funny, because my DH has a very similar type of name in that his is also very dated to the same time period.

We are choosing names for our kid that are very classic and not dated at all.  I think it is because we both are kind of annoyed that this happened to us!

• My first name is Meredith and yes, I'm quite fond of it...lol.
  • Ehh Carolyn. I like it, not love. I love Caroline though.
  • I'm Nakale Lynn. I LOVE my name! I always thought it was so cool that I was the only one with my name all the way through high school. I always get compliments on it and I've always thanked my mom for giving me the name lol.  Lynn is after my grandma, which I love. 

• I'm Megan Lynn, and I've always liked my name.
  • I have had a love/hate relationship with my name.  Shannon

I am currently happy with it.  My parents had the best intentions when they named me - they wanted a name to reflect my Irish heritage.  I also really lik the meaning - I always felt that it "fit" me.

On the other hand, it was WAAY too trendy around the time I was born in the late 70s.  I kid you not, there were 5 Shannon on a cheerleading squad I was on - 14 girls total.  By the time we got to the 3rd one in the "hello cheer" people in the stands started to groan and laugh.  It was ridiculous!  And everywhere I was until the age of 23, there was at LEAST one other Shannon - drove me BATTY to have to ask "which one?" and go by my last name.  I really seriously considered going by my middle name (Hope, which I ADORE) when I got to college, and just never followed through.

Anyway, my aversion to uber-popular names came from my experience with my name.  I refused to use any names above #500 on the SSA list to avoid this fate for my child.  I of course know this will probably backfire on me, but seriously, there were more Shannons in my town than Jennifers and my name was only #21 the year I was born.

My aunt claims she heard another family calling after their Hilarie the other day, and if that is true, that would be the first time in her 3 years that I have run across another child with her name.  That is EXACTLY what I wanted for my kid ;)

• My name is Denae' Ody (pronuonced Den-aaa Oddie)... Denae casue my parents like it and Ody is my grandmothers name... I like m first name casue its different.. but I hated being little and couldnt find anything pre made with my name on it.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers After years of struggling with infertility issues (PCOS since I was 16) and 15 medicated cycles we finally got blessed with our son. We got lucky with our 7th IUI using stims...Now we are back on the roller coaster to try for another miracle..IVF cycle in May resulted in a chemical pregnancy. 2 snowbabies FET 7/16-transferred 2 blastocyst...Faint bfp 4dp5dt! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm Karen Kristi and I love it, always have.  It is not a popular name but isn't unusual either.  It was definitely far more popular during my mom's generation. 
    Married 6/20/06~Mommy to 2 beautiful girls
  • Salina Jean

No I don't like it.  Salina is always mispronounced if I live anywhere but California.  Jean is NMS and plain.  I don't think the name fits me either.  Everyone gives me compliments on it though. *sigh*

• My name is Abby Lucille. I was originally going to be named K.C. which would have stood for Kansas City where my grandmother was born. I thank my mum all the time for changing her mind. Abby came from a TV show that my parents loved-it was one of the waitresses names. From 2nd-5th grade I hated it because no one else had it & I could never find anything with my name on it. 6th-8th grade I didn't like my name because I played sports & was a tomboy so some boys in my class thought it was funny to call me Albert. Then in high school (all girls) I learned to love it because I was the only Abby in school & didn't have to go by Abby R. like all the Jessica S.'s or Jennifer L.'s. I absolutely love Abby & the fact that I'm not Abigail because it makes me that much more unique (I don't even mind anymore when I get have to explain that my real name is just Abby). I think its pretty, girly, different, & works for a little girl, young adult & will still be nice when I'm 50. One thing I do have to say about the name Abby is that I have SOOO many nicknames! Besides the obvious Ab or Abs, I've been called Abracadabra, Abdomen, Abnormal, Abercrombie, Ab-roller, Abba dabba doo...you get the idea lol.

I have always LOVED my middle name. It was my grandmother's middle name (she died before I was born) & I think its real pretty & classic. I'll be using it as a middle name for 1 of my future daughters.

Peyton Olivia Hope Born at 34 weeks weighing 7 lbs & measuring 18.5 inches Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"