Adoption
Options

Updated Homestudy

Have any of you moved before placement and had to have an updated homestudy done?  We are scheduled for one at the end of March and I just wanted to know if they are as detailed as the first one.  Our caseworker with the agency mentioned having to do individual interviews again so I just wanted to see if anyone else had this same experience.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Updated Homestudy

• Options
    This was not our experience, but from those who have done this, I believe the updating process was very quick and easy -- just an overall check in with you to make sure everything is still current.  There might be a small fee for updating, depends on your agency.  If you are moving out of state, you'll need to update depending on your new state's laws/requirements, but if you're moving within the state, I would think they'd just come check out the new house and get a current address on file.
  • Options
    We just had to have the new house checked out--smoke and CO detectors, fire extinguisher, etc. There were no personal questions asked.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our update homestudy was incredibly quick and easy. We just met with the SW once at our home. The homestudy update was only 2 pages long.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"