Austin Babies
Options

Sick baby remedies

DS has bronchitis. I would love to hear your home remedies since he can't take anything.  And if someone can explain the Vick's on the feet thing, that would be great :)

Also, I noticed on my checkout sheet that the pedi wrote bronchitis w/ RSV, but she didn't mention anything about RSV during the appt.  Should I be worried about that?  I know RSV can be serious, so I'm surprised she didn't talk to me about it.

Re: Sick baby remedies

• Options
    I would do a humidifier for certain.  My understanding is that RSV is only serious for babies that were preemies.  However I think it takes a while to go away.
  • Options
    Daughter is coughing up a storm too right now.  Going to the doctor today.  We have been doing Vicks on the feet (does not seem to make a difference), mullien oil in the ear (ear infection too), and humidifier.  We also steam up the bathroom and sit in the floor to play for a bit.  Hope he feels better soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DD is on day 4 of a cold right now.  This is what we've done. 

Lots of extra fluids (water, diluted juice, bm, and whole milk, fruit smoothies)

Humidifier at night

Elevated one end of her mattress

Rub baby "vics" on her chest and back.  Pedi ok'd....just said watch for skin irritation and since she doesn't have asthma, he ok'd.

Nose sucking

Warm moist steam from shower

Saline nose drops/spray to help loosen the thick mucous

• Options
    For the saline solution, do I just buy a regular nose spray thing and spray it up there?  I remember we had some little tubes from the hospital with DD- do they sell those at BRU or the pharmacy?
  • Options

They sell saline nose spray/drops for babies.  Little Remedies, Ayr, Simple Saline all has a baby versions.  I bought mine at HEB. 

Also, I bought the automatic nose sucker (bebe sounds brand) and DD hates, HATES it.  I used it once and she freaked.  It makes a sound that scared her.  I worked like a champ, but the sound scared her. 

• Options

If you can, squirt bm up the nose. I do that for little dude when he's stuffy and it help. pedi said it's better than saline and free!

He's oozing goo from teething, so we have one end of hit mattress up with some of hubbies dork books and they helps a lot! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"