North Carolina Babies

Relationship with your mother

Did your realtionship with your mom change when you had a child? If so, was the change for the better or for the worse?

Re: Relationship with your mother

• Ours did and I think for the worse.  I'm trying to figure out if its me or what.. I mean do I just have less patience, is my life so different now that I just can't relate, has she forgotten what is like to have a toddler.. I mean I just don't know but she is about to put me over the edge today and I really hate it b/c there was a time in my life we were very very close.
  • My relationship with my mom has not changed.  We've always been close.
  • Loading the player...
  • I know what you mean MsLee I found myself saying thank goodness we live 3.5 hours away, which is incredible sad. I think in my mind I had this idea of how great it would be blah blah blah... but in fact it is the opposite. I have to be in the car with her for 9 hrs tomorrow and I'm DREADING it.

• Our relationship has been strained since I met DH and got married, and has gotten progressively worse. Having the baby has not helped, and many of my issues with her have gotten worse already in the 7 weeks she's been alive... Like MrsLee's, mine could benefit from some professional help and anxiety medication, but thinks I'm being mean when I suggest it.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• My relationship with my mom has always sucked.  It's even more strained now that DS is here.  She's here visiting from MA right now, and I'm about to go insane!  My mom, IMHO, was never a parent to me and my sister.  She just wanted to be our friend, and I don't respect her on any level.  Now I just have to try to grit my teeth when she tries to give me parenting advice.  And while she's here visiting she spends most of her time reading, playing on my laptop, napping on the couch, and playing with Liam (in that order).  She has never offered to help with anything around the house, or even change a diaper.  Grrr.
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageECUGirl2004:
    My relationship with my mom has not changed.  We've always been close.

Ditto...I pink big puffy heart my momma.  She is awesome!  I am lucky!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Sweet Girls

• imageWendyNC:

imageECUGirl2004:

Me too!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My Mom and I got closer out of college and we are closer now that Nora is here.  I love that I have such a special relationship with my Mom.  I sure hope Nora and I have that too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • our relationship hasn't really changed, i don't think. we've never been close, but we're not distant either. she is super helpful with henry and would do anything i asked to help out. she just loves her little grandson, and she and dad are just counting the days until we can leave him with them for short vacation times! that said, she's my mom and she drives me crazy sometimes. isn't that what moms are supposed to do? she doesn't offer unsolicited advice though, so that's awesome.
  • imagejenwill:
    imageWendyNC:

imageECUGirl2004:

Me too!!

I'm jealous of people like you.....Embarrassed

I'm bound and determined to have this kind of relationship with Holly though...

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• My mom and I have always been pretty close. Yes, she does things or says things that make me mad sometimes ... but is every relationship perfect where there is NEVER any arguements? Nope.

And since having my baby, I have a newfound respect for my mother. I love her to pieces!

• im one of the lucky ones as my mom and I have always been very close. We have very simliar easy going personalites so we get along great. My mom has been a god send since DS was born. She's a nurse and works some in pediatrics and actually use to work in a pediatrians office so she's my go to with guestions and has helped me out with so much and just loves her lil grandson to death.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"