Babies: 0 - 3 Months

My baby boy keeps peeing on me during diaper changes...any suggestions??

It seems like everytime we change his diaper he pees on us.  What are we doing wrong??  Sometimes it gets his clothes all wet. 

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: My baby boy keeps peeing on me during diaper changes...any suggestions??

• Keep a cloth diaper over his penis...and be quick. If the room is cold that can trigger it as well.
    My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • ditto pp...I learned my lesson after we had pee all over the wall in the nursery.  Smile
  • Loading the player...
  • DS used to do this when he was little, not so much now.  But I put a wipe or small burping cloth on his penis so that if he does pee, it wont go everywhere.  They also sell this thing called the pee-pee teepee that looks like a sports cup.  I saw it at BRU.  HTH 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Put a burp cloth or the new diaper over his penis while you wipe him off. The cold air is probably making him go, so if you can get him covered in time, it should help stop the peeing. Even if he does pee when he's covered, it will just soak the burp cloth and not his clothes. Aren't little boys fun? :)
  • I use the Gerber cloth diapers as burp clothes and I usually put one on him while I'm changing diapers so that he doesn't pee on me. They work great at absorbing the pee and I haven't had a wet outfit since the early days. Also, my baby pees after each poop so I let him sit in his poop for a minute or two before I change his diaper since I know he'll pee.
    2007 BFP#1 MMC 12w; 2008 BFP#2 DS1; 2010 BFP#3 DS2; 2011 TTC; 2013 Pursuing DIA
  • It's a boy thing.  Our DS did this, too.  We kept a little basket of baby washcloths close by and as soon as the diaper came off, we would put a washcloth over his penis.  If he peed, then it would absorb the urine.

PP is right... something about the cold air makes them pee. Also, a good indicator that you are about to be hosed (at least in our experience) was that his penis would suddenly become a little bit more... um... erect.

Welcome to mommy-hood!  Isn't it fun?! Stick out tongue

• It also helps if you don't just whip the diaper off.  Sort of fan a couple of times.
  • image6fsn:
    It also helps if you don't just whip the diaper off.  Sort of fan a couple of times.

I was going to say something similar..DS has peed and POOPED on us both, but i find that if i just loosen the diaper but let it lay on his penis to let some air get at it for a minute that it will often trigger him to pee and the diaper absorbs it...otherwise, keep a washcloth or wipe over it... i have even used my hand as a block in "emergencies"!!! 

• First - make sure you have the new diaper ready before even changing DS.

Then I undo his diaper strap things and let it sit for about 20 seconds - then as I'm taking down the diaper I put a wash cloth over him while I clean his bottom. It was made diaper changes so much more enjoyable - first, because if he does pee, the washcloth catches it - second, it helps keep him "warm" and he doesn't get so fussy because he's cold!

Good luck!

• I noticed the erect thing a pp said. Also I just learned when he usually pees and avoid those times (ie-never change him right after he wakes up. always feed and then change him.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"