North Carolina Babies

I need a sling--recommendations?

I know you ladies out there have some great suggestions. Lay 'em on me.

Re: I need a sling--recommendations?

• I got the moby wrap and I like it, but the baby isn't here yet, so I can't tell you exactly how it works. Several girls on here suggested it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I also have a Moby wrap, but I have no baby yet so I can't give you a complete review. Sorry!
    Catching up on sports news...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • If you want tons and tons of info, check here: https://www.thebabywearer.com/index.php?page=choosinglinks

What I found was that I loved the Moby when DS was a newborn.  We used it frequently until he was about 2 months old.  And by frequently, I mean at least daily if not most of the day sometimes.

When he was 2 months old, it was mid-summer and the Moby got kind of hot.  I switched to a mei tai carrier at that point.  I have a Baby Hawk & I really love it.  I still use it regularly (once or twice a day on weekends). 

We also have an Ergo.  I really like it, but it's hard for me to use without DH to help me snap the back strap.  However, it's more comfortable long-term than the BH. 

Finally, I had a Maya wrap (sling) before DS was born, but I never got the hang of using it.  I wish I had practiced more, but I didn't.  I think it would have been good for grocery shopping & even nursing.... I just didn't give it a shot, really.

• i have a fleece peanut shell and really like it. i still use it often, i used it yesterday at the grocery store and to take a walk today.

i have a beco too, and while i like it a lot too, the sling is just easier to put on (i do it standing up, where i feel like i have to have a flat surface to lay the beco/henry on before wearing him). be prepared for tons of stranger comments about how cool a sling is... it never ceases to amaze me the number of people who comment on the sling.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"