Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Roll Call

I finally some time to nest and there's an echo in here.  So let's see who is lurking.

What was the best thing that happened this week and what was the worst?

Re: Roll Call

• I wasn't wrong.  I am the only one here.Crying

And I don't have an answer to my own question.

• I'm here, but just for a bit b/c I have to take Maddie to the doctor for the icky cough that she has had for pretty much the entire month of February.

Best - We found out that the lumps removed from our dog are not cancerous (thank goodness!)

Worst -  My DH is being an a$$ and I have felt for pretty much the entire week that I am a single mom of two children, opposed to a married mom of one child.  We are having a chat about it this evening.  Wish me luck!

DD #1 - 01.08
    DD #2 - 03.13
  • Loading the player...
  •  The best thing this week was DS has finally started waving bye bye on demand. I was starting to think he never would.

I have two worst: First today is our last day at the best daycare I can ever have imgained. DH is transitioning to center from an inhome daycare. It is bitter sweet but we will miss them greatly. Second AF is late and it is driving me crazy. I have taken two negative PG tests this week. I either need have to start or be PG.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am here, just lurking on the multiples board. I love looking at pictures of multiples...
  • Best: Teaching Lucas to say Mama and him saying back "mmaaaaa". :)

Worst: Lucas was sick earlier in the week.

Trish

• I'm here!  A little later than usual...

Best thing:  Sarah has really been walking more and more this week...she even ran (on wobbly legs) down the driveway yesterday morning!

Worst thing:  She ran down the driveway yesterday mornig!  Tongue Tied

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Best: DS started walking more this week

Worst: He got his first ear infection.  We caught it really early so it didn't even really bother him.  I know that we are extremely lucky that this is his time being sick especially since he goes to DC, but I am still a little sad. 

• imagemeglew:

Worst -  My DH is being an a$$ and I have felt for pretty much the entire week that I am a single mom of two children, opposed to a married mom of one child.  We are having a chat about it this evening.  Wish me luck!

My DH and I are going to have pretty much the same conversation tonight! 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I'm lurking more than participating.  I have a sick baby and an a**hole boss.  Needless to say it hasn't been a stellar morning.
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Best: My dad spent the night Wednesday night when he was in town for business.  My family is from IL and we live in TX..so I enjoy and chance I see any of them.

Worst:  DD is sick and was up most of the night coughing.  We've already been the the doctor this week and it's just allergies...poor girl!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers M/C in Oct. 2009 at 8 weeks M/C in Aug. 2010 at 11.5 weeks Diagnosed with MTHFR Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I lurk lots!! 

Worst is I am back at work after a year off.  Best, feeling good about myself being dressed up again really make sa girl feel good : )

• Hello...

Best- DD had a great 12 month check up.  She is perfect!  LOL

Worst- DH and I got in a pretty bad argument and he said stuff that I know he didn't mean, but hurt me pretty bad.  Of course he is apologizing, but I can't take away the hurt. 

• Here.

Worst thing, DS being sick.

Best thing, DS finally getting better. :)

I got pregnant with PCOS after many years of IF! Thank you Lord! Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    m/c 11/2/09
    *in da bag so far: D90|nikon 18-200|50mm f/1.8|sb700*
  • The best thing this week has been Hayden finally figuring out where her head, eyes, and nose are and pointing at them when asked.

The worst thing this week has been the massive poo explosions that have soaked DD, her bed, pjs, etc. every morning and has resulted in me doing load after load of laundry and giving this poor kid a bath first thing every single morning.

• I am heading back to work after a year off too (in three weeks, and the thought of it makes me sad...but I am going on a mini shopping spree to buy some 'real' clothes).

Best Thing:  We just had Ruari's little friend's birthday party, and it was a blast.

Worst Thing: My baby is turning 1 =( 

• imagelorik0428:
    imagemeglew:

My DH and I are going to have pretty much the same conversation tonight! 

Well I hope that we both have successful conversations and that our DH's morph back into grown-ups!Smile 

DD #1 - 01.08
    DD #2 - 03.13
  • I'm here, I'm sick, Matthew is sick (the worst)

The best...spending time with my two favorite boys, even though we were all sick yesterday :)

• The worse is that my son for some reason won't go to bed, he stands up and screams at the end of his crib.

The best is my DH and I are going out to dinner alone tonight, yeah!!!!!! Haven't done that in almost a year.

• Best :Morgan is 1 today and she got to 'talk' to her dad via webcam this morning.

Worst: She is teething and has been Grouchy McEvil pants at bed time all week. I want my sweet baby girl back.

• Rephrase--worst being here at work, not on the nest :)  I love it here.
  • I'm here for about 10 more minutes.

The best thing that happened this week:  It didn't happen yet, but the firehall down the road from me is starting their fish fry tonight, and they have THE BEST macaroni and cheese in the world.  I'm serious.  I have been looking forward to this night since last year!  :-)

The worst thing:  DH found out that he has to have a cast on for at least another two weeks, so that's at least two more weeks of him not being able to do anything. 

(Hopefully these weren't supposed to be toddler related.)

• My best is that Anna is re-learning all the skills she lost very quickly.  She can eat bigger things now and is so close to crawling!  

My worst is that Ayva is not seizure free yet on this new medicine.  I was REALLY hoping that this would work, b/c we are running out of options.  Hopefully they will raise her dose and it will work!   Oh, and not to mention that I have to give her this new med. in the form of a shot once a day :(

• The best thing is that today is Friday and I get to hang out with my DH and my little chica all weekend. There are no worst... they went away went it hit Friday.
  • Nope, they don't need to be toddler-related.  I have both, though.

Best Madeleine-related development: She is really started to move!  She does this crawl-scoot thing and she's getting quite good at it

Worst Madeleine-related development: Realizing that my house is so not baby-proofed.

Best mommy moment: I'm finally starting to make friends in my neighborhood.

Worst mommy moment: I only have one pair of pants that fit. :-(

• Oh gee I've been having such a hard day I forgot to put the best thing!

My best thing hopefully will be good news from the perinatologist today.  I'm very excited and hopeful.  Last week they thought the baby wasn't viable.  But I've had 2 great betas and so hopefully... little bean will look much better this week.

Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • BEST:  DS took his first steps, got his second tooth, and started saying his first word!  

WORST:  DS's first word was Gus, which is the name of his lovey.  He doesn't love either DH or me!  Crying

• Hello!!

The best was I was home 4 days this week so got to spend time with DS-we had a blast. Also, I clean and organized his room and it looks awesome!

The worst-my GPS is not working on my iPhone and yesterday DH and I totally got lost and on each other's nerves. And wasted a 1/2 tank of gas. 

• Worst: getting a cryptic email at work saying that "lay-off planning" has begun

Best: Usually when I ask my DS if I can give him a kiss he tilts his head toward me.  Last night when I asked him he climbed in my lap and snuggled in for his kiss.  (Note: I kiss him all the time without asking, it's just cute when understands those words)

• Me, in and out!

Edit: forgot to answer the question! 

Best thing to happen this week: My baby girl turned one! 

Worst thing to happen this week: DS just woke up with another cold. We're going on vacation next Thurs. so I know I'll have it by then too. 

• The best thing was I got to spend the whole day yesterday with my parents, siblings, DH and DS

The worst, I may need to find a new job... (I get to bring DS with me at the current one and I come in 3 times a week)

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
     AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • I'll delurk to answer.

Best - We sold our house after 6 months on the market!!

Worst - I've had this nasty cold/sinus infection all week and it just isn't getting better even with good drugs. Ick.

Married to Jon 9-18-2004
    Kate was born 1-26-2008
    Natural m/c on 10-18-09 at 9.5 weeks
    Mira was born 9-14-2010
  • I'm here now!

Best Thing - I joined WW

Worst Thing - My niece was readmitted into the hospital

• I'm here now!

Best thing - boss is on vacation.

Worst thing - taking Adam to a non-babyproofed house for several hours yesterday. I'm still exhausted!

• I'm on and off.  Work is pretty busy these days so I don't get to spend as much time lurking as I normally do. 

Best thing?  Hmmm....  DH is trying to start up his own business and met with an engineer to go over his ideas and it seems that the idea is feasible.

Worst thing?  DS has a BAAAADDDDD diaper rash that came out of nowhere.  It is so bad that he won't sit or lay on his back.  He was screaming bloody murder last night for 2 hours where I almost took him to the instacare. 

Another worst thing...  my period was due on Monday and it has still not shown up.  I took a hpt to be sure which came out negative.  So at this point I have no clue what is going on with my body.  :(  I think it's still trying to regulate itself after stopping EPing. 

• Not on here much due to work and grad school, but was glancing, and thought it would be fun to answer your question!

Best thing: DS learned to say "birthday" for me on my birthday.  :)

Worst thing: DS has a cold and last night I was giving him a breathing treatment.  He puked all over me, our bed, and was up half the night.  :(  Yucky night.  

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Best thing: DD has been doing tons of funny/smart things this week.  Now when I say "where's Mommy's nose?" she points at my nose.  And when I say "where's your belly button?" she sort of pulls up her shirt and grabs her stomach.

Worst thing:  I've been pretty unmotivated and blah feeling this week.  I should be doing something productive but I'm nesting and watching tv and feeling like a lazy bum (DD is napping at the moment).

• Best: DS had his 1 year appt on Monday and of went really well.Worst: I must have picked something up at Pedi's office because I have a nasty cold now. And, as of last night, a plugged duct : (
  • Here...trying to become a "regular" :)

ETA: Umm, I forget to answer the rest...

Best: I finally got DD to take a bath in the big tub on Sunday. 

Worst: My baby is too big for the infant tub :(

• I am sneaking in here before I belong.  I want to play with the big kids!

Usually my life is pretty boring, but you picked a good week to ask this question.  The best thing is my DH got a new job that moves us closer to my family and is a significant step up for him.

The worst thing is that my DD launched herself off the changing table and almost landed head-first on the floor.  I somehow was able to catch her by the leg and hoist her straight up so she didn't hit the side of the table.  But it's yet another sign that something's off with her balance/coordination.  I'm not sure what's going on, but I'm worried about her.  As soon as we get settled in our new home, I'm going to get an EI evaluation done, or something.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"