North Carolina Babies

Indoor gyms

So, I was going to take Eli to the park tomorrow, but I guess not now since the weather's going to be yucky.  Anyone have good recs for indoor places to go?  I've never taken him to a gymboree or anything, and honestly don't even know what's in our area.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Indoor gyms

• Is there a Monkey Joe's near you?
  • imageECUPirate04:
    Is there a Monkey Joe's near you?

Not even close.  It looks like a cool place though!

• Loading the player...
  • imagemrsmikey:

imageECUPirate04:

It's really fun!  I took my niece and she loved it.  What about Little Gym?

• imageECUPirate04:
    imagemrsmikey:

imageECUPirate04:

It's really fun!  I took my niece and she loved it.  What about Little Gym?

There is one of those in Greensboro, but their Saturday morning class is at 8:15, and it's a good 45 mins away :(

• I don't know of anymore sorry :(
  • Well thanks for the suggestions!

I'm trying to look them up in the phonebook, but all I can find are actual gyms and gymnastics places.  I want something like Monkey Joe's.

• Doesn't Forsyth Hospital have some sort of Mommy and Baby classes?  They might be for younger kids though.  Hmmm
  • Just kidding about that last one.  Those are actual classes.
  • There's a place in Lewisville called Bounce U, but I'm not sure if Eli's old enough to enjoy the bouncy things, since he can't jump.

• imagemrsmikey:
    There's a place in Lewisville called Bounce U, but I'm not sure if Eli's old enough to enjoy the bouncy things, since he can't jump.

Once we let the girls start getting on these bouncy things is when they really learned how to jump. ?They got one for christmas that we blow up and put in our living room on rainy days when they need to burn some energy. ?I think I saw them at walmart...you could just buy one and let him play on that at home. ?I have some videos of the girls using it on our blog if you want to see what I'm talking about. ?I have no idea how expensive it is though, but knowing who it came from it can't be too much ;).?

• AH-HA!

I just remembered the coffee place right up the street from us has an indoor playground!  I've never been there, but maybe we'll check it out tomorrow.

https://blog.confluencecoffee.com/about-us/

• That place looks nice. 

• I've actually been meaning to check it out for a long time.  It's very cool what they do, and there's SO much going on there all the time, events & concerts, etc.  And I see that they have storytime every 2nd Sat of the month we might try too.  And of course I'm always up for a good cup of coffe :)

• I'm jealous but have fun :)
  • imageMrsJones2005:

imagemrsmikey:
    There's a place in Lewisville called Bounce U, but I'm not sure if Eli's old enough to enjoy the bouncy things, since he can't jump.

Once we let the girls start getting on these bouncy things is when they really learned how to jump.  They got one for christmas that we blow up and put in our living room on rainy days when they need to burn some energy.  I think I saw them at walmart...you could just buy one and let him play on that at home.  I have some videos of the girls using it on our blog if you want to see what I'm talking about.  I have no idea how expensive it is though, but knowing who it came from it can't be too much ;)

Well, he can't walk yet either, so I'm not sure if he's ready for something like that yet.  But it probably would be a fun way for him to learn his balance.  Maybe we'll check out the Bounce U soon.

• imagemrsmikey:
    ??Maybe we'll check out the Bounce U soon.

Warning: Bounce U is a MADHOUSE, especially on Saturdays. I think Eli is too young to go there - my friends started taking their kids around 3 yo.

Have fun at Confluence - I always hear fun things going on there!?

• Thanks for the heads up Back.  One of my coworkers said the same thing.  I guess that's what happens when it's the only place like that around.  Looks like a good place for birthday parties when he gets older though.  Too bad they don't have an area for little kids.  I'll let you guys know how Confluence goes!  I think unc00ref has been there with Mommy groups.

• imageMrsLee04:

FYI about The Little Gym:  you can't just show up and go to a class, you have to be a member and be enrolled in a semester.  Other than that, it's really cool!

I saw that on their website.  It said that you could go to one class for free though, I guess to check it out.  But I don't want to go to a membership/scheduled class type of place anyway.  I just want a good place to drop in anytime.  Hopefully the coffee shop will be a good place.  The only other thing I know of here is the play area in the mall, and that's not what I had in mind.

• imagemrsmikey:

AH-HA!

I just remembered the coffee place right up the street from us has an indoor playground!  I've never been there, but maybe we'll check it out tomorrow.

https://blog.confluencecoffee.com/about-us/

This place is really nice & the owners are super cool  The $ goes back into the church (I'm pretty sure). The smoothies are really yummy too! Have fun!

image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"