Preemies
Options

Feeding solids question...

How much solids do you feed your LO? ?DS gets 2 meals a day (avocado or sweet potatoes) for lunch and rice cereal for dinner. ?He gets only two ice cubes worth of avocado or we give him one stage 1 jar of sweet potatoes. ?For the rice cereal, he gets 2 tablespoons worth (dry). ?Does this seem right? He eats is all up, and appears happy after. ?He also is BF and/or gets EBM 5x/day (usually a 6 ounce bottle). ?He is almost 19 pounds. ?

Re: Feeding solids question...

• Options
    I was a bad mommy and never measured or really had any sort of schedule...so I'm probably not the best to answer.  But, if he's happy and gaining weight it sounds fine to me.  We skipped rice cereal and went straight to veggies so the only thing I would suggest is to start trying other veggies and other cereals.  Good luck!  Solids are fun!
  • Options
    My son just started solids two weeks ago.  So far he has had a week of rice cereal and a week of oatmeal.  Tomorrow we will start Barley.  He gets approximately 2 tablespoons 3 times a day.  We will start vegis next week in addition to the cereal.  He BFs 5-6 times a day about 5-6 oz.  Logan is 5 1/2 months and weighs 13 lbs.  I agree with PP that if he's gaining weight you're probably doing great!  If you want to try it out I would give him the 2 tbls. of cereal and half a jar of baby food at each meal. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    IVF 1=BFP, beta #1 8dp5dt 24, beta #2 12dp5dt 50, beta #3 14dp5dt 88.9
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Weishaars' World
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Great, thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"