Maryland Babies
Options

Howard County Ladies

Just wondering where all of you are delivering or have delivered? 

I've heard very mixed reviews about Howard County Hospital and I'm not sure what to belive.  For this pregnancy I'll be delivering at GBMC in Towson.  I love my OB/GYN and the entire practice, and I've heard fabulous things about GBMC.  DH is kind of frustrated with the length of the ride (about 45 min with traffic and about an hour and a half from his office in Greenbelt) and wants to deliver closer next time around. 

So I don't really know where to look into, and since it would also involve a new OB/GYN practice, I'm just kind of putting out feelers now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Howard County Ladies

• Options

I delivered at HCGC.  I have mixed feelings about the hospital.  I think L&D is great but the nurses on the postpartum floor were not so great as far as I am concerned.  My MIL is a nurse at a different hospital and she was a little shocked by their lack of knowledge and the inconsistancy.  I know that no hospital is going to be perfect.  I was at St. Agnes about a week after I delivered my twins (i stayed for a week) and I think the nurses were better.  Again, some were not that great but overall I think they were better.

As far as OBGYN practices I can tell you who to steer way clear of - Dr. Esposito, Meyer and Hogan.  I would never step foot back in that practice and I would never want any of my friends, family or anyone I know to have to go through what I went through after my delivery.  Let's just say I am lucky to be here.

• Options

I delivered at HoCo about 2 months ago; I agree w/ PPs - the L&D nurses were great, but the PP nurses (where you spend the bulk of your time) were kind of inconsistent and I thought the LC's weren't as helpful as they could have been, also they kept bringing the baby to my room when I said I wanted to sleep.

I don't think there was anything "wrong" with what they did, and especially if I was having a second baby, I dont' think I'd be as concerned about the nursing care vs. teh convenience.  I'd find a good doctor that I liked if you think that you'll have complications.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"