Missouri Babies
Options

How much time between babies?

DH and I are debating TTC in a few months.  I go back and forth on being ready.  Since most of you have DC that are younger than mine, would you mind sharing how long you plan to wait before trying for another? 

Re: How much time between babies?

• Options
    I haven't given birth to #1 yet, but we are thinking around 4 years between kids, if we have another. I am still undecided and DH wants 2 so we shall see! My brother and I are 4 years apart and the age difference was nice...we each had our own things going on as we got older so we both felt like we had the limelight at different times.
  • Options
    DD will be three on Saturday...EEEK!  And, I am 7 weeks with #2.  So, they'll be just over 3 1/2 years apart.  My sister and I are exactly 3 1/2 apart, and I think it's pretty good spacing.  I don't know how moms do it when they're closer than that! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mrs. H. I am glad you posted this. My DD is just a couple months younger than your son, and we are trying to decide when to start trying too. Though we are in the middle of relocating, so once we are a bit more settled is a huge factor for us. Good luck!
  • Options

In a perfect world, we would love for DS to be 2-years-old before we start TTC again.  But that would make me 32 if the process went well and I got pregnant fast again.  Who knows.  I have PCOS and have no idea why it only took me 3 months to get pregnant.  I have a feeling it was because I took BCP for quite awhile beforehand and my cycle was very regulated coming off.  If I'm not on BCP it is hell on earth.

I'm actually terrified of TTC #2.  DH was very ill with a staph infection.  Ordinarily, that wouldn't matter but it's the location of his recent surgery that terrifies me.  I'm so afraid it messed him up.  We've already consulted with the doctor that did his surgery about the effect on his count but I'm still nervous.

• Options
    I actually am excited about the idea of having another baby some day. Seems silly since I have 2 month old twins, actually it probably makes me crazy. Oh well. We will probably wait until our girls are at least 3 before we start trying, maybe older.?
    M E L I S S A My Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imageMelZull:
    I actually am excited about the idea of having another baby some day. Seems silly since I have 2 month old twins, actually it probably makes me crazy. Oh well. We will probably wait until our girls are at least 3 before we start trying, maybe older.

Umm, yeah...you are crazy!Stick out tongue

• Options

Good question. I have much of the same thoughts as Molly - under other circumstances, we might try to space them out further, but I'll be 31 this summer and DH is 35. We don't want to wait too long due to increased risks of different developmental issues. I also have endometriosis and we were shocked that we were able to get PG so quickly with #1, but know that it might not be so easy the second time around. We actually started TTC #1 earlier than we originally planned because of the endo and our worries (and my doctors' advice) about its possible effects on fertility.

It is such a hard thing to decide, especially not knowing how long it will actually take to get pg!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"