Baby Showers
Options

Shower Registry Question

I hope this hasn't been asked yet! I apologize in advance if it has...

I have a simple shower question...  I've only been to a handful of baby showers my entire life (I'm only 20) and I've never seen anybody given a Stroller/CarSeat/Highchair, etc. This is my 1st baby, and as we're nearing the day when we find out what it is that we're having, I've been looking at what I would like to register for so I can have some kind of idea... I've noticed how EXPENSIVE these items are, so no wonder I haven't seen anybody been given these. I'm not expecting anybody except perhaps family, or close friends to purchase these, if they do at all and I'm just wondering if I'm supposed to even register for something as expensive as those.. ? Any advice?

TIA!

Re: Shower Registry Question

• Options
    I've been to many many showers ( I'm alot older than you :)) and I've seen alot of that given by either very close friends as a group gift or a close family member.  For example, for my girlfriends shower, a group of us (6) gave her the stroller/carseat travel system & the entire bedding set. We spent about $80 each, but we are all best friends from college (known eachother for over 15 yrs).  i registered for all price ranges, in the end, whatever I don't get, especially the high priced items, BRU has the completion program where you get 10% off whatever hasn't bee bought off the registry.
  • Options

Ouu We're very close in days! I'll be 16 weeks tomorrow.

Well my brother and his fiance just had a baby and at her babyshower she got a lot of the little stuff... my grandma did buy her their carseat.  And her mom took her after and bought the Stroller.

I think generally people buy the "smaller" things on the registry.

I'm planning for my husband and I to buy those larger things... and if someone does buy them, then that's awesome! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I put all those big items on my registry.  Mostly my close family bought me the big items. Lots of time, people will go in together to get those items.  And some people at my office went in as a group to get the expensive playyard which I was expecting to have to buy.  Most people put them on their registry so that even if they don't get them, they can use the "Completion Coupon" you get for all the things left on their registry.  I believe the completion coupons are usually only 10% off but every little bit helps.  Hope that helps! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    These did help, a lot. Thanks girls! :)
  • Options
    I had a conv carseat, travel system, crib, and PNP as my bigger items.  I got all of them for my shower. People went together to get the big stuff.  I wasn't expecting to get all of that - i had it on there because I liked it and would purchase it (most places give you a completion coupon at the end).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"