Adoption
Options

**ladychicago**

I lurk around here sometimes (considering foster care/adoption route in the distant-ish future)... and noticed you are thinking about the Marshal Islands as the place to adopt from. ?I just wanted to say I live in a small city in Iowa and we have a HUGE population of residents from the Marshal Islands. ?After you adopt it would be a not too far away place to share that culture with your child, as we have a few multi-cultural agencies here in town that see a lot of children from those families! ?Just wanted to let you know...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: **ladychicago**

• Options

thanks!   and that's so interesting!     i had no idea!    do you know why Iowa has so many Marshalese?  

b/c that is definitely one of the harder parts of that country...  the island itself is SO SMALL so there aren't very many opportunities (even in a big diverse city like Chicago) for cultural connections here in the US.     so thanks!

Brought to you by IVF, ICSI, limited fert, and oocyte cryopreservation.
    Because we're fancy like that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think its really just the city I live in. ?I have no idea why, but its very interesting!! ?We lived next to a family from the Marshal Islands when I was in college. ?I fell in love with their pet goat but noticed that it was gone one day (I am assuming dinner)! ?If you ever want to know the name of the city I live in just PM me (sorry I don't want to put it on the internet for everyone to see!)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"